first time post here

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bigboi, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigboi

bigboi OT Supporter

im not broly by any means but ive been going to the gym and watching caloric intake for the last month and want to show off my before and after pics

1 mos before after (after before if your looking at the pic :p) ive lost 34 lbs to date i started at 286lbs @ 6'4"
    [​IMG]
    wore the same shirt to show the fit difference

im hitting the gym 3-4 times a week 30-35 mins on cardio (bike or treadmill)

15-20 mins on the machines - im doing 30 reps on the triceps, 10-10-10 bicep curl (10low-10high-10full), 20 on pecs, 20 bench press, and 40 squats. the weight changes depending on how im feeling that day.

my diet is still pretty much crap but im keeping the caloric intake @ around 1000-1200 max, i work a deskjob so im trying to keep em very low.

any tips suggestions ect

2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I suggest you read the stickies they will help you a lot.

3. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Also, take off the shirt for progress pics, we can't see shit captain

4. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Let me drop everything and work on your problem

5. slurpster

slurpster FLESHY FLAP VALVE NAVIGATOR OT Supporter

just giving you a heads up, your gonna get ripped on hard. i can tell by your face you prolly lost 20-30lbs,good job. try reading the stickies in this forum and then try posting this again.

6. slurpster

slurpster FLESHY FLAP VALVE NAVIGATOR OT Supporter

:rofl:

7. bigboi

bigboi OT Supporter

what i am now fatpaleskinnedsoftie.jpg

might put one up

8. bigboi

bigboi OT Supporter

looking @ stickes now

9. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Yeah your routine is garbage BTW, if you don't want to spin your wheels you need to educate yourself.

10. Pringles

Pringles New Member

your on the right track and you seem to have the motiviation. I'll give ya some pointers.

Your going to need to eat more than 1.2k calories. I'm 6'4" @ 195lbs and eat about 3-4k calories a day. Granted I'm bulking, but your maintenance or weight loss is not 1.2k calories. Thats starving yourself. Also those need to be nutrient full calories. No more twinkles. Check the sticks and decide on a diet along with a routine. Stick with it for a month and see what happens. Do you lose weight? Are you gaining weight? If your losing then keep up what your doing if thats your goal. If your gaining then drop your calories by 300 and try that for a week.

Good Luck.

11. bigboi

bigboi OT Supporter

just did a quick read thru of the stickes and gonna try to alter my routine (HIIT instead of the boring bike) and most importanly my diet im no were near what i should be taking in and completely in the "bad" for what i do take in.

12. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

You've just done better than 90% of people that come here!

13. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Weightlifting is just as important and your current routine is really bad. Start with the one in the purevl sticky. Fat will fly off when you put it all together.

Don't be intimidated by weightlifting. No need to lift heavy. Just give yourself time and work your way into it. gl.

14. keeler

keeler New Member

you've lost a lot of weight, but let me warn you, eating that few of calories will make you lose weight but you will hit a platue eating like that. for 6'4 you should be at at least 1800 cal/day. If you eat more then you will have more energy and it will keep you from bailing on your diet.
    oh shii, i almost forgot to say congrats ^_^

15. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Figure out your maintenance and just drop it by 500. Really just get your metabolism in great order by eating multiple small meals a day and a nice healthy breakfast.

I have lost and gained weight multiple times in my life (ranging from 145 @ 5' 9" to 260 @ 5' 11"), and the only way that you will ever keep lost weight off is to lose it the right way. You are STARVING youself and that is always the worst plan.

I know how easy it is to get into bad weight loss habits, especially because they make the weight drop so fast but if you do it that way you are just gonna be right back where you started.

What I would suggest is to create a diet for yourself that allows you to drop a couple pounds a week (maybe more since you always lose it faster when youre bigger). While you're losing weight start building strength. Find a simple full body strength program like the rippetoe program and just lift instead of doing all that cardio. Once you get down to a good weight and low bf% you will have a good amount of strength to start building some mass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.