SRS First time post here: Stressed / Depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alcoholic07, Feb 6, 2008.

1. alcoholic07

alcoholic07 New Member

I'm 18, at college in a 2 year relationship and my folks are divorced.

I've always had a nothing can stop me climbing my everest personality, but recently that's began to decline. I have my problems with my SO but I figure thats normal. (although ALWAYS being wrong is annoying).

My parents split when I was 14, my siblings were too young to remember what it was like around him. I hated him, but we're good friends now and I often admit to myself I wish he was at home. I feel that because of this I forced myself to grow up, tried to become the father figure. I'm not very good at this and my SO critizes this and tells me I haven't grown up as I'm only 18.

I go to college 5 days a week, but due to a mishap on two days I have classes that go on until 8pm. With work, I don't have free time that lasts longer than an hour until 7pm every weekday.

I would confide in close friends, but I'm the youngest in the group and they've all left for uni. I feel that my best friend may have even forgotten about me.

I'm slowly getting more stressed, depressed. Putting on weight, stress pain in my face (asked a doctor) and loss of my attitude.

There is more, but I don't want this to be tl;dr.

cliffs: I'm 18, and I can't handle this busy life style. Affecting physical health.

2. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

You need to take that one hour of free time that you have every day to sit down and relax. Whether this is just lying around, reading a book, doing breathing exercises, if you start to relax yourself it can do wonder on your stress levels.

Everyone grows up differently. Some are forced into growing up a lot faster. Being grown up isn't always about age. It's about the maturity level that you have. I've met plenty of people who were forced to grow up when they were young and it has impacted them greatly in life.

So, take the hour you have and relax yourself--especially if you're feeling stressed that day. Take up yoga, or go walking. Whatever you think that relaxes you.

3. PooP

PooP New Member

Get an mp3 player, and on your hour break of nothing-ness, go to a nice park and just walk around.

Some calm music to listen to, Band of Horses - Cease to Begin is a great chill out album.