First time polishing (pics)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Abeo, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Abeo

Abeo New Member

There was an auction at work for charity, I put up an interior cleaning + wash + wax... well, some people with deep pockets got into a bidding war. Good for charity, I suppose, but I need to step up my game for the money that the winner shelled out :hsd:

I ordered some Klasse AIO and sealant, and tried it out (by hand) on my truck (minor swirls from the dealer). The car I'll be detailing will be in similar shape with almost the same paint color. Any tips from the experts? How hard do I need to work the polish? I'll be topping it with NXT 2.0, but I was suprised with the shine from the sealant itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

AIO isn't going to do much correction since it has chemical cleaners and any abrasives it might have are really light. You don't have to work it in too hard.

I'd just go with either SG or NXT2 after using AIO. NXT2 has light cleaners to help it bond properly and that may affect the layer of SG you just laid down. Plus you ideally have to wait a full 24 hours after applying SG before you put on another coat or top it with another product.

3. Abeo

Abeo New Member

Good to know... that makes things easier (and clearer)

Thanks Scott!

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Nice AV, not to many people know about Revolver.