A&P First time Fireworks...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by crazykid, Aug 7, 2006.

1. crazykid

crazykid New Member

WEnt to a beach community last night here in S. Ontario to try and shoot fireworks.

I was with a bunch of freinds so the beer tent was our location.... I know, something better might worked nicer.

Anyway... thier shot with a canon S2 IS.. it was my first time, so let me know where i can improve and what i could try next time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crazykid

crazykid New Member

a few more... thanks for the suggestions and critism... its how I learn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

i kind of like the first one in the second post...reminds me of a sunset and palm trees

4. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

they look nice. not much of a photog expert though

5. crazykid

crazykid New Member

thanks for the compliments... i didnt think they were too bad, but:

anyone have some advice, i know thier not perfect... can someone giv me some pointers.

6. My first > yours

7. crazykid

crazykid New Member

I dont even have a DSLR yet... those were taken with a Canon S2IS...

And LowLikeWhoaF150 , ok sure your might have been better, but some pointers from you on how to make mine better next time, might have been a nice touch with your reply. :x:

8. Pointers.. Look at other people's firework photos and try to figure out what you can do to make yours look better/unique. Anyone can take a pic of fireworks from 5 miles away. Try getting closer next time or try getting something meaningfun in the shot also. Jazz it up, make your shots stand out from the crowd unless you're happy being like everyone else.

I know sometimes it's not easy to go out of your way to setup to make the fireworks look great but if you want great results you have to go out of your way. For my first time I had my location picked 3 hours before the fireworks began. Then it started raining so I had to go home and get some bags to cover my equipment from getting wet. Then the cops came and made everyone move back so we weren't too close, then people started getting in my way, then the city turned on the street lights so I had to move again... And the whole time I was dragging my gf and her little brother along with me, complaining the whole way. Alot of crap happened and I still faught the odds and got my shots.

9. crazykid

crazykid New Member

Thanks you make some good points there... Bigggest problem I had, they were off a pier on th lake... there was ntohing around, except people.... so I couldnt get anything intresting in the pics... I have seen the ones here with the town hall tower in them.. that looks coool. I wish I could get something like that.

Thanks for the hints and suggestions... I will take them into consideration next time I shoot fireworks...

10. The town hall shot you speak of was mine :)