SRS First thread in here

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ricey McRicerton, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Hey guys. I don't really expect anyone to comment on this, much less read it. I just need an out in my life to put some things down that I've realized over the last little bit in writing.

I have a good life. I have a great job. I have a supportive family that I live near, which I see weekly. I don't have a lot of people I consider friends. I recently lost my girlfriend who had planned to move in with me, get married, have kids, all that stuff. It sent me into kind of a depression. Mood swings, crying, all that. I listened to some music, watched some movies, and realized that I've got it good. I have a place to sleep, enough food to eat, and just about everything I could want or need. Losing a woman, no matter how long you've been with her, isn't the end of the world. I still have 10000 other things that I have and see every day that make me more fortunate than a lot of people.

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That is a WONDERFUL perspective to have on life! :bigthumb:

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Thanks. I didn't want to come off as conceited, or having a big head about my spot in life. I'm still a very young man (21) and have my whole life ahead of me. I refuse to be walked on and treated like I'm less of a person over any woman. I've been walked on almost all of my SO's, and it's a self confidence, or self worth problem. I guess I've finally realized that I'm a good damn person, and any woman who ends up with me will be lucky.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

To be completely honest, I wish I had such a positive outlook on life. What you said in this thread is something my husband reminds me of all the time. Be thankful for what you have. :)

5. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

:hug: :) Kudos to you for your healthy attitude. I hope you continue with that line of thinking.