TAT first tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by liberals=whiner, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Im considering getting a tattoo but Im alittle confused/scared. What size should I get for the first one and where should I get it? I've heard that the closer to bone you are the more it hurts (ie scalp vs stomach). Where would be the best place for it? Im not looking for something crude. I have a design I would like but Im concerned that it may be too intricate for the size I'd like. Any suggestions warning would be helpful thanks.

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

each person handles pain a little different. and to go one step further... my first tattoo on my leg hurt when it hit my shin bone... the 2nd one on my other leg didn't hurt at all....

as for size and placement, that's a judgement call.. it's all up to what you want. Just pick somewhere that the design "fits" and scale it to size.

3. ViperKiller

ViperKiller AD USAF

Assuming you are a chick, I'd get it somewhere around your hip area :)

If you are a guy, I'd say arm..

And being in Tucson, I'd recommend Fitz at Majestic Tattoo :)

4. mka2

mka2 New Member

print of the desgin in a couple of sizes and get some impartial viewers to look at it and give an opinion on how it looks.

the pain thing is different for everyone, i got told tattoos on the upper arm (bicep) mine hurt. the one on my shoulder blade didn't hurt.

5. cool thanks, Im a guy btw

6. veruca

veruca New Member

It's going to hurt no matter what, you should pick placement over how much pain you will be in.

7. joy division

joy division New Member

whats the design? Fuck the arm, too boring..unless like the underside of the bicep. Same with upper shoulder/middle of back. Get something different. I vote for ribs.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

yep. and if you are confused, nervous or scared about it maybe you should hold off for a little while.
    A tattoo is (more than likely at least) something that will be on you for the rest of your life. It shouldn't be something picked out or decided on a whim.
    And it really doesn't hurt as bad as some people make it sound ;)

9. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

My first was done on on my spine, near the shoulder blades. It didnt hurt too much, even when I was being tattooed directly on the spine

10. joy division

joy division New Member

You asked how large... go for your entire ribs.

11. veruca

veruca New Member

my spine wasn't that bad at all...I think the worst one was my fleur de lis, which is on my left inner ankle about an inch above the bone...I was shaking with that one.