TAT First Tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by GuiltySparc, Sep 21, 2004.

1. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

I'm looking to get my frist tattoo. My current idea (actually the current result of a long chain of ideas) is a japanese based tattoo, trendy i know, but my idea is kinda cool, at least i havent seen anything quite like it. I want to get the waves in a band around my forearm, just below the elbow. Then on the inside of my forearm i'll have the band break with a wave crest break above and below a mandarin charactor (not sure what i want yet).

Anyway, does anyone have links to oriental tattoo sites or pics of waves in a band form...looking for a band about 3 fingers wide.

Nathan

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

3. Squally

Squally New Member

4. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

that is exactly what i want only in color, like bright blue and white....very cool.

Nathan

5. Squally

Squally New Member

yea my next two tats are gonna be: on my right ankle i'm getting those water borders right above the bend in my ankle and below my calf and inside the space it creats is going to be koi and stuff, then on the other leg the same thing but with a flame border and a dragon inside. I can't wait. Getting it for free because I'm doing his site.

6. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

[​IMG]

Heres a re-oriented version with extended sides and no boarder. Should i keep the edge straight or let the tops of the crests be drawn out the rest of the way and what color should i get the crests of the wavs? I want blue mainly and white crests but someone told me that white fades really fast.

7. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

so the only thing i can figure out is how to place the text. It means 'Dripping water can eat through stone'

[​IMG]

I dont really have any idea that sounds really good to me yet. I was thinking just putting it in black over the band, but if the band is a dark blue it wont be that visable, and white fades too fast. I thought about having it just as skin in the band....any ideas?

8. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

sorry bout the OT question, but where did you get the kanji text done? im looking at getting some myself and would like to know.. thanks :)

9. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

10. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

Personally I'd have the full crests of the waves drawn out, it would look weird (IMO) to chop them off in a straight line.... I'd also just have the text done in negative space so there's a lot of contrast, otherwise it could be hard to see...

11. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

ya that was one of my ideas, useing negative space. My only other idea was to have band done in a dark grey/blue and brighter accents and then have the text done it a bright blue or maybe white. But i think the negative space would look pretty cool too.

12. Squally

Squally New Member

well pretty soon i'm getting my tat that has a wave band, been thinking it up for awhile. I'll post pics when I get it done and you can check it out.

13. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

sweet, thanks bro

14. AngelicScars

AngelicScars Guest

I would like to get a tattoo but I can never think of anything good that would fit me.

15. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

just keep thinking...i've been thinking about mine on and off for a few years

16. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

well i went out to Big Mojo tattoo in friday....got some interesting feedback from the guy. He liked the idea but he didnt think it would work in a band type of form. So instead we decided to put it on one side of my forearm. I think i'm going to do the inner left forearm.

He hasnt drawn it up yet but the construction he was talking about goes something like this. A background of the japanese waves with the text going down my forearm. Then i'll have a koi wrapped around the text. This should take about most of my inner forearm...kind hardcore for a first tat but i really like the idea.

I just need to finalize a color scheme. The waves will be a deep/darkish blue with white caps. The text will be black, probably, or negative space. The koi however, i'm not sure about. I was first thinking another blue, but i think an orange and red koi would look better against the blue waves. I know the koi in general is a symbol of perserverence, and hence, will compliment the text, does anyone know if different color koi symbolize different things?

17. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

sounds nice, post pics when you have it... :big grin:

I dunno what different colors symbolize, but red & orange would definately look good against blue waves...

18. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

i think what i am going to do is black fading to grey waves with a blue fish. Then the charactors will be outlined in red and the red wil fade into grey.