TAT First Tattoo - Pic

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by phil7533, Sep 4, 2004.

1. phil7533

phil7533 Guest

I'm really not satisified with the work, so i'm not going to go back to him to finish my back.

[​IMG]

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Looks pretty good to me... But definately go to someone else if you aren't happy.

3. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

what dont you like about it?

4. phil7533

phil7533 Guest

a couple of things, the collar is just kinda shaded, when it should be more "gridded"

I cant really see her fingers on the hand that is holding the fan, keep in mind that this is taking up more than a quarter of my whole back, so it should have been a little more detailed.

and mountains on the background kinda end abruptly on the right side of my back. it wish it woulda faded off instead.

I understand that people have different ways of working while drawing, but the artist was rapping while working, and throwing up his hands once in awhile when he heard a song that he liked.

I'm 80% satisfied.

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

well i dont think it looks bad by anymeans. but yeah I would have to question any artist who throws his hands up will working.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

well seeing as it was probably a custom piece drawn for you(im only assuming this because its such a big piece) this usually means the artist would have a drawing for you to look at. if you werent happy with the drawing, then why let him tattoo it on you??

now in the case that it was done freehand, you should have explained to him what you were wanting, instead of letting him have creative freedom on your back

7. phil7533

phil7533 Guest

it was done freehand, from a japanese painting, it was going to be part of a mural with a life/death theme.

woman= mother/birth
    setting sun = dying
    river = life... there is a beginning and an end to every river, and the twist and turns in the river symbolize the ups and downs in my life.

but now i gotta find someone else to finish it.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

and this was done at a shop? or in someones kitchen?? i dont know of any artists that would do something freehand off of a painting

9. phil7533

phil7533 Guest

shop...

there were things about the painting that i didnt want, so i told him what they were and i guess it was my fault for giving him any freedom.. but nevertheless it's not so much the tat im not happy with, its that he didnt pay much attention to detail..