TAT first tat question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cosmocrat, Dec 16, 2005.

1. cosmocrat

cosmocrat New Member

Alright, so i'm making an appointment to get my first tattoo the first week of the new year, but i'm questioning WHICH i should do first

pain isn't too much of an interest to me,seeing as I've been pierced several times, including surface piercings.. but would it be stupid to do my first tattoo on my ribs, or should i do another tattoo I was planing on my upper back?

any help would be great

thnx

2. intoxique1

intoxique1 New Member

I placed my second tat (I'll try to put up pics tomorrow) on my ribcage . It's a sun with a wave swirling in the center...about 3 x 3..and really liked the way it came out..just seems a nice space :) . I realize pain is different for everyone, but it was definately quite sensitive! Always gets good reactions though...good luck regardless

3. joy division

joy division New Member

my first tatto was like 30 minutes on my shoulder...didn't hurt alot, was little and stupid. 4 years later I spent 15 hours on my ribs. :dunno: how big areyou thinking of?

IMO you have to plan out your body, I'm not into a lot oflittle tattoos but many large pieces. For me a 3x3 sun on your ribs would ruin alot of prime real estate...

4. hopeudiemahc

hopeudiemahc "stay true to yourself and follow your heart. Giv

anywhere right on the bone is going to be awfully sensitive

5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I thought my spine was WAYYYY more comfortable than tattooing anywhere else on me. Had a weird vibrating feeling but other than that, was great.

Still..for a first? I would not recommend the ribcage. Piercing pain does NOT prepare you for tattooing. :)

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Really? I thought mine spine was the most uncomfortable spot I've had tattoed.

7. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

my cousin got her first tattoo on her ribs... it's a celtic knot that takes up almost all her ribcage...

8. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Since you don't have anything to compare it to (other tattoos) I would say go with whatever you think will be the worst first. I got my first up under my arm (near my arm pit) and I didn't really think it really wasn't that bad - when my artist found out that it was my first tattoo she was shocked that I took it so well.

9. hopeudiemahc

hopeudiemahc "stay true to yourself and follow your heart. Giv

funny my girlfriend said the same thing, i wonder why. youd think it would not be so pleasant