First real date in years, signals good?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by oldandbusted, May 17, 2005.

1. oldandbusted

oldandbusted Guest

This would be my second date since I got my divorce but I consider this to actually be the first real one (first one wasn't a big deal to me) and I was wanting to get some opinions on if the signals are good since I haven't really dated in years. Been divorced for quite awile, took some time to myself and got everything back in order before I considered dating again.

I met her through a friend at work (I am 26 she is 24), called and setup a time to go get her. Went to her house and picked her up, got the door all gentlemen like. Chatted non stop on the way to eat about everything, more chatting while eating. She told me she had a great time while at the restaraunt. Took her back home and got invited in for awhile. She told me when I came in she had to drive 45 mins to visit her parents so I figured I would be leaving soon. We ended up talking until late and her mom actually called looking for her. When her mom called I told her I would leave so she wouldn't be out to late driving home. I got told twice while at her house she had a great time and she would call me when she was going to be going out with some friends to come with her. I told her I would call her later this week and then I left.

The door to her house is in her living room and when I went to leave she got up and walked me 4 foot to the door, but me being the out of the game bitch I am and trying not to be some type of typical ass since smiled, said goodbye and left:wtc: :wtc: It ended up being a 3 hour date and I learned a ton about her, music, food, sports, work, etc. I wasn't nervous at all while with her, made eye contact while talking, smiled and laughed, none of that looking away or acting nervous crap.

I left thinking it went well but I was just curious what everyone here thought? Probably going to call her tomorrow, I figure 2 days is long enough to wait to call back.

2. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Sounds like it went great.
    That whole waiting to call, treat her like you don't want her stuff is BS. I can see not wanting to look too eager though.
    Good luck to you! Glad you're getting back out there. ;)

3. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

good luck :hs:

sounds like it went well, although i think she was expecting a kiss on your way out

4. symptic

symptic I run companies

Good work. Don't call until two days though. Not to make her think you don't care, but to make her ANTICIPATE your call. Anticipations is a VERY powerful way to help increase the attraction, and it's EASY!

5. stickyricky

stickyricky New Member

Seeing that this is your first date in a while, I would say it went fine. All I can say right now is to not over-analyze everything that went on. It's probably hard not to because it seems like you like this girl. Take it one day at a time for now and you'll see things clearly.

:werd: good advice

6. oldandbusted

oldandbusted Guest

That was the plan, I figured I would wait until late tomorrow night to call since I have to work late for an upgrade to a system at work. I figure 2 days is enough, 3 is too many.

7. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

sounds like it went well :)

8. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

everything sounds good, except the friends part. my first thought was that she didn't want to be alone with you again. but i'm now thinking it's a 'you should meet my friends" invitation. all signs look good, she blew off her parents for you. she'll understand if you're not making a physical move just yet (she wont wait forever, women are horny too)

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

All sounds good, but I would avoid a date with friends at all costs this early in the game. Also, why didn't you kiss her?

I think this second date is going to make or break it. You need to make your intentions clear with a kiss, otherwise she may friend-zone you. Waiting two days is good advice. Be calm, not acting desperate.

Can I also mention that I think the phone should only be used to make dates. Don't talk with her on the phone for more than 1-2 minutes - that's what friends do.

Other than that, I think you did good to learn a lot about her. As always, I would say "Never be serious" with her. Joke, have fun, but don't give up your life history. Oh, obviously do NOT talk about your ex, divorce, cars, computers, sports, politics, or religion!

It took me two years after my divorce to go on a date. It went great.

10. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

yeah don't sweat the physical thing.. it just means you're a gentleman (hopefully.. hehe). just don't take too long to kiss her or she'll think you're a poof ;)

sounds good to me though, give her a call in a couple of days and tee up date number 2! :bigthumb: