First prospect since school, v. been a while

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eighteen_psi, Jan 12, 2006.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

So...I'm out of school and working (pretty much all the time) but finally I have a few bucks and some inclination to go out and meet people...been going out and doing just that for the first time in a long time and enjoying it a lot.

Anyway, I meet up with this girl I haven't even seen in 5 or 6 years (high school) who I was maybe casual friends with prior to that (hell, maybe 10 years ago) and I take her out a couple times.

I figure we're hitting it off and things are going well but now I'm having a tough time getting her out to do anything. Seems like she's not so much disinterested in me but just disinterested in doing much of anything with anyone....lazy or tired or something, I'm not sure. Though these are the same feelings I had that made me pretty much do nothing all through school….so I can relate a bit.

When we do get out, the lack of energy and enthusiasm has been apparent (since maybe the 2nd outing..prior to that good laughs were had and conversations were easy). Now it’s starting to be hard work trying to make things move along.

I'd like to pursue this further and really have no problem driving things but the question is how far should I drive it? The nice guy in me wants to let her move at her pace but the experience tells me that's not the best idea.

Should I make a blatantly romantic move ASAP to deny the friendzone? Insist she come up with something to do one of these times rather than let her make me choose so I can get a feel for what she’s up to? Should I just ask WTF is up?

Should I post nude pics for evaluation first and ask questions later? :ugh:

2. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Never date old friends. Your first mistake is that you chose poorly.

No, things are not going well, she is trying to politely be unavailable so as not to spend time with you. She is politely hinting that you need to leave her alone, and you're not taking the hint.

Well, yeah, she was not interested in you to begin with (because you chose poorly) and now that she knows you are trying to get more she is trying to become so boring you leave her alone. Another hint. Stop asking her out.

Well, yeah, that's the point. She's trying to make things difficult. If she really liked you, she'd be all over you and sweet as sugar.

Trust your experience. You're done here. Move on.

You're beyond being friendzoned, you've been dumped.

No, putting her in charge is like telling her she has to be your mother and do things for you - totally unromantic to most women.

And jump into therapy right away? A sure fire way to drive any woman away.

Sure, since you are done with her.

Really, there is nothing going on here, and any further "pursuing" you do will be at your expense. Go find a woman who is single, interested in you, and willing to put out the effort to have fun with you.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I don't think you can always make that blanket statement; there are some times when dating an old friend works just fine. It depends on the nature of the friendship, among other factors. In this case though I think you're probably right.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

why? Ive found that its actually very easy.. Heeey.... remember we had chemistry together 8 years ago? and poof, guard is down.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Thanks.

Chemistry is all important. Me, personally, I don't look back. And I also look for quality long term relationships, so somehow this doesn't strike me as one. Hence why I would move on.

6. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Sorry dude, but you have been hinted already that she is not interested in you.

Time to move on.

7. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

:mamoru:
    Ya, you guys are right.
    edit: why did I have to ask? :ugh:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  8. skelm

skelm New Member

heh, Attraction can make some of blind to some things. Don't feel bad about it mate, just feel happy that you figured it out before you ruined any chance of a friendship between you two.

9. armond

armond New Member

I agree here, I am dating my an old friend. We talk about all kinds of things, never a dull moment in our convos! So I can honestly say it can work.

But the vibe this particular woman is giving off towards you is not one of interest, move on.