first post, whoa, didnt know this forum was here

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TheMustafa, Dec 3, 2003.

1. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

badass :)

So, I just got a sc400, and I want to keep the paint as protected as possible. The original owner used Klasse products, and the paint looks pretty amazing for a 10 year old car.

[​IMG]

So, next time I wax it myself, I was thinking of using some type of polymer-based wax as an undercoat for durability/protection and then covering it with a layer or 2 of a plain wax to give it depth. Here's the plan:

1. wash with palmolive/dove to strip old wax and shit
    2. claybar
    3. wash with regular auto wash
    4. klasse acrylic wax - 1 layer
    5. klasse acrylic sealant - 2 layers (at least)
    6. any plain carnauba wax - 2 layers

what do you guys think?

2. Robb

Robb Guest

I would skip the wash w/ dishwashing detergent as it is hard on the exterior rubber trim, then clay after you have washed with car wash soap, use the car wash as lube for the clay, then rinse and dry car. After that your process sounds good. You are very lucky that the previous owner maintained the vehicle so well. Best of luck, you may also check out www.autopia.org, there is truly a great deal of knowledge there on car care.

3. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

\

yeah, i know the dishwashing detergent is really basic, but is there another way to strip of all the old wax/embedded impurities and start fresh again?

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Any clay bar or light polish would strip old wax. You should use a light polish before every other wax anyway.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

sorry, forgot to add that if there are any light swirls or scratches you shoud polish to take care of those before doing the aio and sg, i figured there were no bad swirls and that you just wanted to clay to remove embedded particles, and thus the claying would remove the sg, and you could start fresh after that.