First post in style lab...need some help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by txsigma, Mar 6, 2008.

1. txsigma

txsigma OT Supporter

Alright guys/gals...finally out of college and Im off into the real world. I am needing some dress shirts with the following features. Does anyone know any brands/stores where I can find a shirt such as this? (other than tailor store)

ranked in order of importance
    1. non iron
    2. no front pocket
    3. slim fit
    4. stretch ? material, similar to express mx shirts

thats about it, im a smaller guy 5'9" 155lb and am wanting a wrinkle free shirt without a front pocket.

has anyone had any experience with brooks bros shirts? i am wanting to try to stay at <$50. thanks for the help!

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

Express Men

3. txsigma

txsigma OT Supporter

ive got 3 or 4 colors for them but theyre not wrinkle free, and they seem to wrinkle pretty easy though

4. bdiddy

bdiddy New Member

Liz Claiborne makes similar shirts for <$50, but they arent wrinkle free. Van Heusen makes wrinkle free shirts that are pretty cheap if you can find the slim fit.

5. trungtao

trungtao New Member

Brooks Brothers is nice.

I think J. Crew has been pretty nice lately, plus they will monogram your shirt if you want (for like $10) and if you still have your student ID I believe you'll get a discount too.

6. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

Your number 1 and number 4 items above are unfortunately seldom found on the same shirt. Most stretch material ends up needing ironed after a wash since the different materials in the fabric react to heat/water differently. Really good non-iron shirts will be 100% cotton and coated with whatever they use to make them non-iron.

Brooks Bros shirts are top notch, but 50 bucks is definitely the low end of the spectrum there. Also, I don't know that they make anything in stretch fabrics, either. I could be wrong there though.

You would be better off to skip the stretch part and just find shirts that fit. The nordstroms brand "tailored" fit shirts are actually pretty well priced for the quality, and I like the fit a lot better than most other "tailored" fits. I think they run about 60-70 bucks usually, but you can find them on sale or at the rack for under 50 pretty easily.

7. pokpok

pokpok New Member

hay txsigma :hay:

8. cyc1120

cyc1120 OT Supporter

I don't know about 1 and 4... but I usually buy shirts from Zara. I like the fit and it's not too expensive...

9. level99

level99 Guest

TExan ftw