First period after going off birth control

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cerridwen, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

So getting pregnant obviously didn't work this month because I have somewhat of a period :wtc: I already saw the doctor and confirmed that I am not pregnant so I'm not asking if I am or not. :)

It's really weird though. It's super light (yet still bright red) and doesn't feel much like a period. I have pretty much been spotting for a couple of days. How long will it take for my period to return back to "normal"? Will I have a "real" period this month or will I just spot? If I don't have a full period this month does that mean I won't be able to get pregnant next month? Thanks!

2. marauder

marauder New Member

I can't help, but when you do get pregnant congrats :wiggle:

on a side note... why did I just have an image of drinking a cup blood instead of my cup of tea :o

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: I have no clue... but I'm sorry you had that image! Thanks too :)

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I've read that it can take anywhere from a month to 4 months (some women even longer) for it to completely get back to "normal". the body needs to readjust to it's OWN levels of hormones as opposed to being externally regulated. But if you had regular periods before BC, I don't expect it to tae more than 2 full cycles to be ok again.

5. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

It also depends on what type of birth control you were on.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Ortho Evra, the patch.

PE, I had heard 1-3 months so that sounds about right. I just wasn't expecting this really funky period this month so it took me kind of by surprise.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Sounds like these are questions you should asking your ob/gyn, not OT.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:owned: :mamoru: Yeah, but it's so much easier posting on here than picking up the phone and calling my doctor... who is a man and hasn't experienced a period :o

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

if you are like me you will get pregnant like 45 mins after you stop LOL ... *sigh* unfertal my ASS!

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Even though he's a man, if he's an ob/gyn he knows more about vagina than you do. :mamoru:

11. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

My sister went off BC last month, to try to get preg. She did. Took a few tests to confirm it, few days later, started spotting and cramping. Took another 2 tests, turns out she had a miscarriage of her one week pregnancy. I guess it was just her bodies way of saying "hey, this pill aint outta my system yet, gimme a chance."

13. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I've been worried about how long it will take me to get prego after getting off of BC (Im on Depo) too and when I asked my ob/gyn he said it varies for every woman, depending on how long you've been on BC and the natural hormones of your body. Don't get discouraged though, I'm sure you'll be fine!

14. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

unless your me! then its like a day lol.. and then your like WOAH i need an IV i litterly barfed every 15 mins for 3 months strait!! AHHHHHH