A&P First OT pics

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jamin', Jun 19, 2005.

1. jamin'

jamin' New Member

Well im attempting to post my first photos on OT, so if i mess up please bare with me. I went and shot at the gardens in the city today as it was too wet, overcast and crappy for what i had intended to do. Im still learning the in's and out's of my 20d and would greatly appreciate any tips or advice that anyone has. Thanks guys:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thefireflyjar

thefireflyjar New Member

3. angel_fiire

angel_fiire ******

[font=&quot]They look very nice!!!
    I like the last one better bc of the rule of thirds, makes the image more interesting than just putting the subject right on the center. Also try to create triangles with your subject it makes it more dynamic.
    Keep on shooting!!!
    [/font]

4. jamin'

jamin' New Member

thanks guys, the last pic is my favorite too. angel, can you explain what you mean by triangles?

5. sony

sony Active Member

You've got exposure and focus down. Gotta start working on composition. A lot of them are pretty center-heavy. :hs:

6. angel_fiire

angel_fiire ******

Diagonal lines that divides the image into triangles. for example, if you run a line from one corner to the other it divides the image into two triangles, it leads your eye trough the image, making it more dynamic, you can do this by tilting the camera or trying to place or find things that that create triangles in the image. When you tilt the camera make sure that it doesn't look accidental, otherwise it looks weird. you can also try to photograph from odd angles instead of straight on.