SRS First on OT..Prozac

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by britnewberry, Aug 9, 2006.

1. britnewberry

britnewberry You can keep on drinking...but never drown out whe

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been on it...Positive and Negative effects? I've looked it up, but I want to know from real people, not scientific tests and crap.

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

well... what would you like to know?

3. britnewberry

I dunno..I guess I just want to know if anyone has had a bad experience with it. It makes me feel..different, and I just wondered if it was normal to be out of it while taking it. And there seem to be a lot of side effects on the sites, but I don't know if they are common or not. Basically, I just don't know if I should keep taking it or not.

4. Welcome, britnewberry;
    There are a bunch of threads that actually have opinions about taking psych-drugs, such as here:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2669206

Which has some comments about this topic from someone in med-school. And here has some suggested therapies that might work better:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2606939&page=2

Does it seem to you like they even work? I can't imagine volitionally taking any mind-altering drug that permanently alters my personality. It's who I am, after all.

I value my inner-life no matter how I happen to be feeling, which at least I know are my own real feelings when I'm not drugged. I wouldn't know how to interpret their signif if my moods were drug "enhanced".

5. britnewberry

I'm doing alright, thank you. I am on a regular dose now, just bumped it up a bit about a week ago. I think the side effects have come and gone now, but I do notice a drop in *sex drive* Ha, not that anyone wants to know about that, but I'm hoping to goes away soon..
    Other than that, things are going quite well considering.

6. O.K.,
    You should also engage in gaining a personal understanding of some of the self-applied cognitive therapies I linked to earlier here. They really can work, and they are fascinating reading, for the internet.

It sounds like you've attenuated some symptoms and gained some others that I wouldn't want, even for a few days. The only result of these materials on me has been re-acquiring my well being, by understanding the causes I have gained total relief from suffering. The granfalloon concept expounded in buildfreedom.com has especially been effective for destressing myself from worry and sadness.

bests,