First Meet Results

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dewaholic, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewaholic

Dewaholic Whatcha want?

Ok longtime lurker, seldom post take it for what you will. I've posted before but with no consistancy. Same goes with picture taking ability.

I competed in my first organized lifting meet last saturady and had a decent day. I competed in strict curl, bench press, and deadlift portions.

Curl: 154 PB:167.5
    Bench: 308 PB:315
    Dead: 551 New PB (previous bests: 506x2 week prior, 523 second lift at comp)
    (note: lbs converted from kg's)

Body Weight: 235
    Height: 6'

I didn't really train for the curl, so I know I could have done better there. And I got 308 on my second lift, then passed on my third atempt in order to have some more time and energy for the upcoming deadlifts.
    This was a N.A.S.A meet and competed in the Powersports portion rather than the powerlifting. I did this because in powersports the only equipment you are allowed is really a belt, unlike the bench shirts and squat/deadlift suits. I don't train with or use these suits/shirts so sort of puts me at a disadvantage if I were to compete unequiped vs. equiped. In Powersports participants do a strict curl rather than a squat that counts for a total.

Just thought I'd share.

2. Gohan4862

Gohan4862 New Member

are be talking a bicep curl?

that seems a little silly.

3. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

fucking curl in a meet? :bowrofl:

nice dead, surprised that the bench is that low compared to it though

4. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Noone here has ever heard of strict curl meets?

5. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

good lifts btw

6. Dewaholic

Dewaholic Whatcha want?

I passed on my third bench. I feel I could have gotten 325ish. I know, still kinda low.

I don't know why its in there.:rolleyes: But, give it some credit. Its not your typical "I'll throw my back and dip my legs under" curl. Elbows locked at start of lift, your knees must stay locked and you aren't allowed any swaying motion Maybe just to fill in a block of time at the meet to allow other to warm up for the next event. Hell maybe its there just for trophy hunters. Or maybe some people can't (or just don't like to squat) anymore. I can't wait for the unequiped meets to start up.

I've never really been a big bencher. Lack of practice I quess. But I'm making consistant gains on it. I haven't maxed on my squat for a few months, but figure it to be between 460 and 480. I really suprised myself and just about everyone else there with my deadlift. Maybe I've spent more time on legs/back than on chest and bi's playing the anti-frat boy :noes:

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

must be what all of the guys at my gym are training for, now I get it :rofl:

8. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

They are actually semi-common from what I've seen/read about it

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Yeah I mean I get not having the squat... it's called a push pull meet... just weird how they go from so compound to well, not...

strong ass dead compared to your other shit, I'd bet you squat a bit too bb'ish... with hammy strength like that you should be closer to your DL

good shit though, I'm the same way, I was squatting over twice my bench originally...

10. Grouch

Grouch Guest

:bigthumb:

11. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

yupp there are a couple feds that do it, I have no interest in it but atleast they keep the form correct.

12. Grouch

Grouch Guest

i swear like 7 years ago I read something about some black guy trying to do a 800lbs curl. :dunno:

13. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

did his arms rip off?

14. Grouch

Grouch Guest

idunno, i just tried looking of the records and everything i find is inthe mid 200s

15. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

yea i went to a nasa meet and saw the curls there.. some guy did a 245lb strict curl I believe...

16. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Damn, I can do 135 pretty strict but I've never really tried going above that.

Nice work on the DL, now get that bench up :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.