MMA first M-1 event scheduled in Japan on NYE...Fedor on card

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://mixfight.ru/news/2007/11/15/First-M-1-Event-NY-Eve/

The first M-1 Global event will be held in Japan December,31, Fedor will fight,too!

Опубликовано 15 ноября 2007 года
    The first M-1 Global event will take place in Japan, Saitama Super Arena on December, 31!

No one other than four times Pride Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko will fight in the main event.

hopefully it'll be on a good televised network

2. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Fedor vs Warpath for the M1 Heavyweight title

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Leben is out of contract :x:

4. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Fedor fights on the final day of 2007....the year of upsets :noes:

5. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

noes

6. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

ya why would they give him someone that is gonna give him a challenge and maybe loose, there promotion guy would be in the gutter

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

after being off this long he needs to fight a large scrub with no gas tank. And possibly British.

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

:rofl: Gee, I wonder who you are hinting at

9. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

apparently, Sergei's fighting in K1 against Mighty Mo on NYE

otherwise, i wouldn't mind seeing Sergie vs. Fedor :eek3:

10. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

sergei can just take MM down and own him there

Sergei's sambo and boxing is really good. i think it'd be a fun fight

11. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Theres been like 4 seasons of TUF since Fedor last fought 90% of fans wont know who he is.

12. MM has a chance considering his overhand is fairly fast and sergei moves as slow as giant silva

13. lose, their

14. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

15. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

I seriously dislike Fedor right now. I wish so badly that whatever scrub he's going to fight will do a Fujita and rock him, but this time, finish him, so the retarded Fedor wagon would be derailed and burst into flame, burning every nuthugger on it to a crisp.

16. It's not really fedor's part. He's most likely managed by the russian mafia, and no matter how good his skills are, he has to do what they say.

17. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

it's not like fedor himself chooses his opponents

18. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i'm assuming it's primarily his management that's protecting him rather than fedor himself :dunno:

19. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Haha is that Putin? Now you know Fedor has that shady Russian gov backing, and therefore the mob.

Honestly, Fedor is looking out for number one. Lots of guys haven't fought since Pride disbanded for whatever reasons, but since Fedor is the be all end all of HW's, everyone is now hopping on the hate bandwagon. He wants to fight, I'm sure, but he also wants to keep the financial success he earned and I understand that.

20. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

It's easy to say it's Fedor's management. But if he disagrees so much, he can take his career into his own hands.

Fedor has / had Big Nog's number - this happens; the typical "x is a BAD matchup for y". Other than Nog, his most significant victory would be over Crocop. We've now seen how well the Pride heavies have done in the UFC.

Not to say that Fedor isn't the best heavyweight in the world. Imo the heavyweight division is in disarray atm. But the only thing that makes me respect Fedor is how the other top fighters regard him, and you do have to take that with a grain of salt because a) not everyone's immune to bandwagoning b) if you talk someone up and then you beat them, you're the man, if you lose, you lost to the best (e.g., Noons talking up Diaz before their fight).

Fedor is painted as a stoic yet likeable man. He's Russian, but not as a Cold War bad guy, more a likable foreigner, very much like Igor was. Because he doesn't speak English, and he doesn't seem to smack talk much, he comes across as very humble through translation - much like Anderson Silva. But I sense a level of arrogance in the way Fedor carries himself and talks at times. For example, the way he dismissed Hunt's performance after Hunt basically controlled Fedor on the ground and lasted down there for a long time, against all expectations - he gave Hunt no credit.

Adding to this his apparent connections with Putin, whether it's willing on his part, and then stuff happening such as the Sambo competition where opponents "didn't show", it seems that there's a certain level of corruption and Russian nationalistic pride - whether it's Fedor or his management or higher Russian officials pushing it, and who're the willing parties; it's still there.

People defended Fedor for not wanting to be tied into a UFC contract, wanting to do Sambo etc. I can understand that, however when it comes down to it, I would have hoped that Fedor's top priority would be to fight the best, because no matter what he did, he was going to be looked after financially anyway. If this cost him Sambo comps for a year, so be it, because we now see how much of a farce the Sambo comp came to be.

Perhaps he really wants to create something great with M-1 for the long term good of MMA, even if they're not starting with top fighters. I don't see how he's going to get to fight any of the UFC top dogs though, ever, now. I wouldn't have minded so much if he'd been active for the last year or two, fighting the top ranked guys and cementing his place, and then gone off to help build a new org. But he hasn't.

Barely any of this is Fedor's fault. He clearly doesn't believe he has anything to prove and is happy doing his thing. What I'm pissed off at is the constant nut hugging. The main problem is that the mma media nigh on blatantly nut hug him too. I think Fedor has been sitting at the number 1 spot on the rankings for more than a few months too long now.

I'm not even sure where this rant is meant to be going. I'm just letting some of this off my chest and wiping the sand from my vagina over it.

Cliffs: I'm fucking sick of the Fedor nuthugging/bandwagon, and now that Fedor is with M-1 I'm seriously doubtful of him ever being able to make the myth legend.

21. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Dana is that you??

Oops... Forgot this was not sherdog... Anyway, I don't blame Fedor for not signing with the UFC and being their indentured servant, but it sucks that he now doesn't really have anyone worthwhile to fight...