SRS First love

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by p00tan6, Jun 24, 2005.

1. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

Do you ever forget your first love? Do you ever stop having feelings for your first love? Been broken up with a girl of 4 years for about 3 months now. She calls me every once in a while telling me she misses me and can't see herself without me. I think she still likes me. She still thinks she likes/cares/loves me, but her stupid friends keep telling her that that she'll never get over me because im her first and to stick with her current boyfriend. It's been about 3 months now and she still tells me she thinks about me alot when she's with her current boyfriend and when she goes to bed. What do you guys think? Do you ever forget your first love or does she still have something for me that is serious?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You will never forget the people you love, its as simple as that.

She really does love you.

The rule is

'if the body comes towards you, the person likes you, if the body goes away from you then it dislikes you'

With this rule you can define how people more or less think about you because hey, you don't want to be with people you dont like yourself either right? So its quite a good indicator(not absolute) about how people think about you.

Would you love to call someone you don't like? So there you've got your answer, she still does like you. She probably likes you more then the person she is sleeping with now, and if you think about a person before you goto bed every day :sad2: that's another pretty strong indication if you ask me.

I would give it another try, you seem like you could use some company.

Tell her that if she is willing to break up with her current bf, that you'd be interested.

3. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

My first love pops up in my head at least once a day. There's always something I see, or something someone says that reminds me of her and/or the times I've had with her. We've been broken up for a little more than a year and a half now. We had a bad break up and she still wanted to be friends but I chose to cut all contact with her, and I can honestly say that it was a good decision. But to answer your question, I have not forgotten about her yet. I'm praying for the day that I do.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

you never forget anyone you ever truly loved. doesnt mean it was meant to be, or that i will work out, only that you wil never forget.

5. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

The thing is she is afraid of being lonely. She's not sure if i'll always be there for her. I told her already to break up with her current boyfriend to help her decide if she really likes me or him. As long as she is with him she'll feel guilty for talking to me which she does. She is afraid of hurting her current boyfriend because he's been so good to her. Just yesturday she came up to visit me (3 hour drive) only to find halfway up here she felt guilty seeing me becuase she has a boyfriend already and is seeing me behind his back. There is alot more to my story...i think i should edit the original post with the full story.

6. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

Your first love pops up in your head, but do you still have moderate to strong feelings for her? I realize its neary impossible to forget your first love. I guess my question is it possible to stop loving your first love?

7. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

Will you ever stop having strong feelings though?

8. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

You eventually stop having strong feelings. But I still think about my first love every day and it has been... what... 10 years now :)

9. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

How should I put this? Because of the reason and how we broke up, I do NOT have feelings for HER anymore. If she called me up today and wanted to get back together my answer would be a solid "no."

Instead, I still have feelings for what we had between us back then. I feel as if I will never feel that way with another girl again. I mean, I know I'll have strong feelings towards someone in the future, just not as strong as I once had with my ex. It was truly something else.

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She just called me this morning. :sadwavey:

but yeah, it helps to find someone new. :wiggle:

11. Original

Original OT Supporter

I found myself in the same situation, except switched. My ex still calls me all the time to tell me she misses me, when the best thing she can do is just move on. It takes a long time to get over someone you've shared your life with for that long. The longer you've been together, the longer it takes to get out of the routine.

I will always love her, but I have moved on, and there are other goals/girls in my future that take place in all the time I used to spend with her. You will never forget, hopefully you never stop loving, but your feelings will decrease over time.