A&P First InDesign Work need a favor please!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SidewalkSurfer, Oct 10, 2009.

1. SidewalkSurfer

SidewalkSurfer New Member

I just finished my first InDesign assignment for my class and need some C&C. Problem is I only saved as an .indd file and brought it home, so i can't exactly show it to you guys. Can i send it to someone and they can upload it for me please? :x: It's a really simple Spa Menu but I want it to look the very best I could make it.

2. mojito

mojito New Member

unless you have the original images also, it won't do shit. gotta export it

3. SidewalkSurfer

Yup still have everything :wiggle:

4. Fubar

Fubar OT Supporter

Why not export to PDF for critiquing? If you want, send the files to me.

5. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Guest

email it to me and i can export it if you want tharaka(at)gmail.com

the fonts might not show up, nor will any linked images
    you need to save it as an indesign package

6. SidewalkSurfer

Damn didn't even think of the fonts, I will save it like that on Monday when I have access to those computers. if i remember anywho :hs: Thanks!

7. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Guest

just export it to PDF while you're there

8. haikii

haikii New Member

that and package it for yourself so you get the fonts too if theyre not protected.

9. aCab

aCab New Member

screen shot ftw

10. nikocb

nikocb New Member

Wow, export/print as PDF. duhs

11. SidewalkSurfer

My work got canned :wtc:

But how about some c&c on this logotype I'm working on :x:

[​IMG]

12. pawis

pawis werd em up

not really diggin' the b.sharp logos.

not sure if you are trying to make the 'p' look weighed down but the music symbol but its a tad lower than the rest of the letters. and it just looks off, if you are gonna lower it, lower it more. but i dunno, the font you used is so plain jane and it doesnt come off as having a minimalists style, just plain. maybe dont outline the text.

13. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Logo Crit:

Don't use shadows. Keep the colors to a minimum. 4 colors is a bit too much for that logo.

2nd, put forth some effort and creativity. Pulling up clip art of a note and typing out a word in a basic font will not impress the client. Spend some time looking through www.logopond.com to see how nice logos should look. Inspiration only. Don't bite off others. Then spend a good hour or so sketching out ideas. Work from your head, not your keyboard and you and the client/professor will be happier with the outcome.

Sorry if I sound like a dick.

14. haikii

haikii New Member

It looks shit.

Think about what your company is, what they stand for, how they want to be seen, who they want to see it.

its a music store right? what kind of music? cd store? instrument store? what type of music store? what does music stand for your company? what does it mean to your company? what does music do for you? what makes music great? better yet what makes music, music?

If that was me there would be somewhere id start but then develop on your ideas from there. at the moment its awfully bland, flat and well just boring. its a normal typeface just plainly typed, you atleast couldve modified your type a little.

credit for lining up your sub-heading alright with your logo.

p.s sorry for being a dick also. haha but when you're in design you're going to get SHIT for your aartworks constatnly and if you cant take it, youre in the wrong industry.

15. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Better to take shit from OTers than clients who just won't return. :)

16. SidewalkSurfer

:bigthumb: Thanks guys that's what i want to hear. My teacher is a dumbfuck that doesn't tell me things like this. All i ever hear is that looks nice keep it up, and i know that isn't helping me one bit. As far as the whole what type of store and all that i really don't know it's a made up name but i do understand how the logo should potray that. I'll make sure to keep all that in mind on our next little 'project'. Thanks again :)

17. haikii

haikii New Member

Its a made up name, make up a target audience, set of values or really just put a personal touch into it if youre into music by chance. Quite frankly at the moment it literally is just. words on a page. and no idea or concept behind it.

Here's something we were taught. Before designing ANYTHING on computer. brainstorm, draw, sketch scribble doodle, ANY thoughts ideas on PAPER then scan it in and DEVELOP the idea on computer. Obviously don't need to stick by this completely heart and soul but it forces you to just put any thought/idea you have onto paper no matter how stupid you think it is at the time. ITs also the quickest and easiest way to get your ideas down. I mean to sketch a little tiny logo idea you have in your head, 5 seconds. to sketch that on illustrator, fucking 6 hours or someshit lol maybe not that long i exaggerate but you get my point. ALl you want to do is basically get all your ideas out then develop them later on then when you have solid ideas you can develop it some more on computer.

Rather then just "oh okay im going to go to the computer and type shit up and put a piece of clip art next to it"

hpoe this helps some little bit :)