First Independent Nissan GTR Test!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RedBeauty84ZX, Dec 19, 2007.

1. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

[​IMG]

0-60 3.3
    1/4 mile 11.6 @ over 120MPH

"quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested."

". Its 3.3-second 0-60-mph run and 11.6 at 120.9 mph performance make the GT-R the quickest car we've ever tested. "

" It's world-class fast and relatively cheap. And that's a hard combination to beat. "

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...leId=124017?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LoL at people who were screaming for the independent tests SWEARING up and down that this car wouldnt live up to expectations...:mam:

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

what's with this new style of "bass mouth, fish like" noses?

3. xbishopx

xbishopx deusexaethera is a fucking idiot.

i dont know but, i think 07+ subarus are fucking ugly up front.

4. dangerflammable

dangerflammable New Member

fast as hell but still ugly as fuck.

and i dont think the fact that is so ugly will ever change.

but i'd still love to have one.

5. There is a lot of sackriding in that article, and few numbers to back it all up. It's not the Z06's fault that the retards that work for edmunds can only manage a 12 second 1/4 mile run. Car and Driver got the Z06 down the 1/4 in 11.7 at 125mph. Regular people have gotten their bone stock C6Z's in the low 11's and high 10's.The viper also traps way higher than the GTR.

They even say it lost to the Viper in the slalom. They claim it beat the Z06 and the 911, but they don't provide any actual numbers. I wonder why.

Somehow I don't see all of this meeting the hype that nissan has built.

6. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

think you mean the 08+ subarus? or 06+? 06 and 07 have the same looks.

Red is not a good color on the GT-R, it looks terrible in those pictures compared to some of the others that are floating around.

7. DaMonsta

DaMonsta Turnin' whores to carivores, they can't leave my m OT Supporter

...damn I need a raise

8. DaMonsta

DaMonsta Turnin' whores to carivores, they can't leave my m OT Supporter

You sound like a Detroit fan...calm down

9. tjamz

tjamz New Member

Lets see, different temps, different elevations, etc....there are a ton of things that come into play on getting 1/4 mile times. And drivers make a difference too. But if you take the same driver in BOTH situations, the base difference in cars should be very similar.

I can't answer this

You mean like being one of the fastest true production cars ever at Nurburgring?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

10. The 11.6 @120.9 was with launch control and all in the GTR. When the morons tried for themselves they ended up at 12.3. I doubt there's much more the car will do than the 11.6, seeing as it's all optimized by the computer.

If you want to know what a stock Z06 on funflats can do in capable hands, look here:
    http://www.rangeracceleration.com/06_Z06_Stk_Tires.html

That's not just better than the GTR, that's in a different league (again, on runflats)

As to the "7:38" time. That wasn't a production car, it was a test mule. Even the sackridden results from edmunds sure as hell don't make the GTR look like a 7:38 car.

11. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

:rofl: .3 of a second puts the vette in a completely different league? :rofl:

12. Did you even watch the video? .5 seconds and 7mph... on runflats, vs. the Launch Control run of the GTR.

13. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

Why are you bringing launch control up like its a bad thing?! The Launch Control is what allows the GTR To pull 3.3 second 0-60s....find me ONE article where the almighty Z06 has done the same. Oh yeah...it hasnt :mamoru:. Is the Z06 a faster car? Maybe. But this article just proves that Nissan did NOT over rate the car....many people were saying the independent tests were going to show the car was slower then Nissans claimed times but in fact so far this car has been under rated.

14. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

The 7:38 car was no different then the production car :ugh:.

15. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

Well the first independent test shows the car capable of running FASTER the the manufacturers claims....thats living up to the hype in my book.

16. There's a big difference between running 0-60 .2 seconds faster than you originally claimed, and having a car that it actually faster than the cars it is up against. So yeah, nissan underrated the 0-60. Congrats. That matters only in the world of magazines and sackriders. The GTR didn't win a single category in that edmunds article. The Porsche outbrakes it, the viper outhandled it, the Z06 and Viper out-trapped it, and the porsche tied it in ET. (and as I pointed out above, a bone stock C6z would ruin it in ET if the edmunds idiots were able to competently drive the Z06)

I want to see it on a track against these cars.

BTW... the specs of the new "zr1" (or whatever they're calling it) come out tomorrow. That'll be the end of the GTR as Corvette-killer debate. The GTR will be obsolete before it hits showrooms.

17. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

guys this car is
    RIDICULOUS

18. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

According to edmunds this cars 1/4 time is the fastest they've ever posted. Sounds like it beat the others in something :rofl:. But you're right we do need a head to head with the all 4 of these cars. I'm sure the Viper/Z06 will probably trap higher but i'm willing to bet the actual 1/4 times will be VERY close.

And yes everyone knows the ZR-1 is the end all super car....but it dosnt cost $69,850.

19. I think the edmunds drivers need a lesson in drag racing. 12's in a C6z is a joke.

I like how you've trotted out the cost argument. Nissan always said that the GTR was targeting the 911 Turbo, which costs more than the ZR1 anyways. The GTR was built to dominate cars much more expensive than itself, not only cars priced 70k and under.

20. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

But that is the beauty of the GTR...it dosnt take 10 launches and a good driver to achieve one good time. This car will be easy to drive fast....and consistantly fast.

There is no denying the ZR-1 is going to be a monster...it will be faster then virtually any production car in history and being cheaper then many. I'm not discrediting the ZR-1. But many people are trying to discredit the GTR.

BTW 12:01AM the ZR-1 is unveiled tonight...

21. I'll spot you that the GTR is definately easier to drive than the Z06.

On the whole, the GTR a fine car, I just hate rampant speculation and magazine racing.

22. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

:rofl:, you wanna try that again chief?

23. Sirius

Sirius OT Supporter

god I wanted this car to suck so bad...I would have loved for it to suck..

but it's just so damn good.

24. E-dub

E-dub New Member

Same. I think it may be the only car where a body kit will HELP it look better.

I am thoroughly impressed.

25. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Nice car. Fix the grille.