first german car... (PICS)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by polar, Feb 13, 2005.

1. polar

polar Guest

went to my girlfriends fathers dealership this morning to look at some cars, it came down to this: a 95 audi A6. wish it was a 2.7 or 4.2, but i'll live with it for the price... drove it through the mountains all day in some shitty weather, and i must say that it is a blast to drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

looks exactly like my friends 100s, i think its pretty much the same thing

3. polar

polar Guest

when i got it onto the expressway, a kid in a red 100 tried to get frisky and i destroyed him, ironically. i know the 2.8 isnt the most desirable engine, but the car got out of it's own way.

when my girls dad called me and let me know one of his guy's picked up an A6 from the auction, i was praying for a 4.2 V8... but this car still has a little ass.

4. polar

polar Guest

and if any audi heads here could point me in the direction of some sites or distributors that would have some aftermarket parts for me, it would be great. i cant find anything for the 2.8 V6. and i am an aftermarket installer.

5. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

I think most of the aftermarket for the 2.8 is going to be for the newer 30 valve one

I know one company makes a supercharger for the 2.8 and 3.0 but it might be 30 valve only

http://www.pes-tuning.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PES&Category_Code=AP-PERF-SC

6. yesilike

yesilike Guest

my mom has the same car, only beige. there is really no aftermarket support for 95-97 2.8Ls... 12v engines, and nobody makes shit for them.

as far as the car itself, the suspension is too soft for me... but that's probably due to my bmw's suspension being a whole lot stiffer. the audi just doesn't give me any info about the road i'm on... it just seems too smooth.

7. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Nice car. :bigthumb:

There's a few options out there for perf. parts, but defineately nothing like the 30v or even the 2.7L. :hs:

8. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Nice ride :).

9. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

:werd:

10. Neuman

Neuman New Member

uh....isnt that basically the same 2.8 that's labled the VR6 in vw's? im sure you can find performance shit for it....

11. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

The VR6 is a 15 degree V6. I think the 2.8 in the Audi is a 60 degree V6. The two are very different engines.

Very nice car! I was considering buying an Audi 100 5 cylinder a while ago, but it was too gutless.

12. pokpok

pokpok New Member

how much??