SRS first few weeks of 'dating'

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pantheR, Oct 3, 2008.

1. pantheR

pantheR New Member

so here i am, "dating" (not official yet) this girl I work with. we've worked together part time for a few months and i just recently began to pursue her (a week ago). first date she came over to watch the OSU football game last weekend. we had fun and went to work together drunk. then i took her to a nice dinner this past wednesday.. she stayed the night (we did not have sex). after dinner we partied with a few of her friends and i got the 'best friend approval'.

she's awesome (and gorgeous) and i might be fallin for her. seems like a perfect fit. apparently she really likes me too. my dilemma is that i feel she is 'too good for me'. yes, i know never to think this. however i have always had high standards but this is different for some reason.

so i'm looking for tips/ideas from you all to help really push her to like me. i'm a firm believer in "it will come when it comes" but i want to make sure she is into me. or any other advice you feel may help out my potentially great situation. thanks.

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (i has an evil wap device: LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

i think your insecurity is the biggest problem..not the fact that she might open her eyes one day and realize that she's 'too good for you'

just be yourself. She obviously sees something in you or she wouldnt bother with hanging out or getting her friend's approval. She's also comfortable enough to sleep over at your house
    which says something

i know you want to impress the girl but
    you wanting to 'really push' her to liking you might cause you to do things that are uncharacteristic of what attracts her to you

3. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

DONT push her to like you. you want her to like you for you, not who you are trying to be to get her to like you.

be yourself, she should like you for you

4. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

Just make sure she knows that you are interested in a romantic way and it will happen.

Think of a fun date where you two can have a good time in a relaxed environment, if things are going well make a move. Subtle physical contact during the date (touching her arm or leg while laughing, hand on her back when going through a door etc..) can break the ice and open you up for the first kiss.

5. MP18

MP18 New Member

vodkacollins is right

a girl either likes you or she doesn't

if she likes you, you can piss on the floor during a date and she won't care

if she doesn't like you, there is nothing you can do to make her like you

just do whatever it is you do and let the cards fall where they may, it'll make you happier and more confident being yourself, women can smell desperation and "trying" like dogshit