A&P First ever wedding - critique please!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Stock, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Stock

Stock New Member

The last two weekends I've shot weddings for a friend's brother and the other a close friend of mine. Neither parties were looking for "pro" shots and they didn't really want to pay, so when I was asked to shoot them I agreed since there was less "pressure"... I know I'm not good enough to charge so I figured the experience would be worth it alone.

Now I know that these aren't great photos, that I missed some key wedding shots, the editing is iffy, etc. I usually shoot automotive, so I've never had to worry about missing a moment or my subject not cooperating, these were for sure eye opening experiences.

Here's the gallery that I've made for my buddies brother, I'd like to know just how bad these are, what I should do differently, why I suck, whatever...

And the site was made Monday, I'm no design pro but I like it for now. I know it's lame, focus on the pictures, please. :hs:

http://imstock.net/photos/weddings/seaburgh/

while I think I did better on the second wedding, Once I upload it I'll post in this thread so that we can do this all over again...:coolugh:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. Hyperite

Hyperite Vagina Junction OT Supporter

I only see one link, but it's not AWFUL :dunno:

3. Stock

Stock New Member

Yeah, the second wedding isn't uploaded yet.

4. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

looked good, looked grainy on a couple shots but it was probably due to the inside lighting.

5. rallysport

rallysport New Member

Im still learning too so i dont have much to critique. Everything looks alright. My only advice is on #29. Watch your backgrounds more carefully.
    The rest look fine though!

6. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

not bad... but between the groom's molestache, bride's mole, and the best man (I presume), there had to be some interesting people at the wedding. :cool:

7. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

dude must be making some cash tho, look at the rings and the bracelet as well as the grooms watch.

First look I was like she looks 17 and he looks 28

8. Stock

Stock New Member

Yeah, I was rocking crazy ISO for some shots. But that might just be due to my complete lack of flash photography. :hs:

Yeah, I was just going with the family. Hadn't gotten it in my head that I have the "right" to tell them where to be yet.

My second wedding I let the family plan some shots bu I also took the wedding party back into the church to grab some of my own.

Yeah, but I've got to admit that I had a great time. It might not have been the most expensive and well planned wedding, but it was a damn good time. :rofl:

9. Blair

Blair New Member

all the group shots need a tighter crop. play with the levels some in the outdoor shots. background is too bright, foreground too dark.

10. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

those always turn out to be the most fun, because they're nothing but a big party w/ a wedding dress and a tuxedos. :bigthumb: