First day at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by robwormald, May 16, 2005.

1. robwormald

robwormald New Member

Went in this morning at 9am for P.O.S. training till the mall opened. Got there, the new guys and the trainers were hanging in the parking lot, shooting the shit. Everybody seemed pretty cool, one guy stranged me out a little bit though. Hung around till 9:20, got on the registers and practiced a bunch. Apple's POS software is so easy, so much better than other stuff i've used.

Had the "daily download" where the whole store went over the previous days numbers (holy shit, its a lot a day, our store did 75k yesterday in sales :eek3: ), and stuff to work on for the day

Doors opened at noon, I got BUMRUSHED at the register counter at the back, trial by fire with one guy buying a Dual 2.7 G5, one guy pissed at shit because I couldn't return his iPod, and a bunch of returns and crap. Trainers were really helpful, made it pretty easy :cool:

Went outside and had a smoke w/ a couple of the new guys, including the spazzy guy I'd talked to earlier, he was freaking out because he had already filled out his timesheet wrong, and was all offended cuz the manager called him on it :rofl:

Ventured out into the floor a few times to interact w/ customers, I surprised myself by knowing most of the answers to their questions, and reset more than a few iPods for people :hsd:

Stayed an extra hour because I was having a good time, talked to my manager and she's letting me take a 12 day vacation in a month :cool:

The stockroom makes me physically weak, G5's, PB's, ACD's everywhere :wackit: Everyone there said that wears off after a little bit.

Carried that customers G5 Dual 2.7 out to his car with him, he was taking it home to hook it up to his 30" Cinema Display, he bought 4gigs of ram to go with it too :eek3:

Overall, a pretty enjoyable day, especially for it being work and all. Won't go back till Thursday, and I kinda want to go back sooner :)

2. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

damn that would be an awesome job. What did they ask you in the interview? How much do you have to know about macs to work there?

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i wish there was one closer. the closest one to here is about a hour & half

4. dmora

dmora Guest

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

sweet...i'd love to see the room of g5's, ACD's and iMacs.

6. hootpie

hootpie New Member

How is the pay?

7. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

awesome man, congradulations!!!

8. JustSurvive

JustSurvive New Member

I want to work at an Apple Store so bad, but none are even close to me.

9. Furner

Furner New Member

sure it has something to do with sales/popularity of the product, but it could also have something to do with small, expensive products.

10. ahead

ahead New Member

i also work for apple, been working at one of the stores for about 2 years now. just a word of advice, you dont want to post your stores numbers and info like that on the internet. there are lots of things you can do to get in trouble with apple. i know your new, youll figure it all out, apples a great company to work for but a bit odd at the same time, very secretive. i was lucky enough to get sent to the apple campus for Mac Genius training, very cool company and group of people, there was a group of people that would play vollyball everyday on their lunch break in the courtyard.

11. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

i was about to say the same. honestly, you should delete the things you said and *not* share that kind of information in the future. divulging company secrets (no matter how insignificant you think it is) is the fast track to getting fired and blackballed, i promise. they label it apple confidential for a reason

plus, you're hurting everybody's favorite company :down:

12. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

posting pics of himself humping apple boxes in the stockroom can't help either. :mamoru:

13. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

lol, nah, that's cool :rofl:

14. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

wow thats the best job ever, how do you apply can a 16 y/o work there did you need any experience hows pay, etc.

15. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

bizzidibumpydumbumpt, any comments on what you had to have on your resume, pay tec.?

16. RG

RG New Member

:cool: job man