first date idea....tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mopar03, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Mopar03

Mopar03 73-9 OT Supporter

don't really want to do the traditional dinner at a restaurant and a movie for various reasons. mini golf or bowling almost seems as cliche. how does a picnic dinner on the beach (actually on a huge sand dune with a great view of lake michigan and the chicago skyline in the distance) sound? :o

trying to think of a few ideas for what to do afterwards if it goes well. I figure we can end it there if things don't go smoothly.

only problem is, I don't have any clue as to what kind of food she likes and I don't have much time to find out, as the date is tomorrow afternoon/evening :hs:

2. Mopar03

btw I'm 21, she's 22

3. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

I think that sounds nice. Are you near chicago? After you leave the beach, head over to rush street for some beers and some dancing!

I think that sounds great. The food you can bring is wine and cheese... Some sausages and mini baguettes... Really cant go wrong. Definitely get wine though. Something light. White Zinfandel, Vinho Verde...

4. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

that would be fun i think... ive always wanted to go on a picnic!!

5. Sebulous

Sebulous New Member

good idea. I am planning to take a girl out horseback riding out to a field where we will have a picnic and maybe watch the sunset. Be our 3rd-4th date depending on how soon I can get it arragned.

You might be kind of out of luck with the food. Bring all kinds of meat / cheese if you do sandwhiches.

eitherway, a tip i heard i am going to do, place a rose / flower in the basket and let her open it up to see it. :bigthumb:

6. Raynne

Raynne New Member

i think thats nice..i would love to go for a romantic picnic by the lake with some wine with my guy =)

7. Mopar03

I should have said chicago is in the somewhat distant skyline :o . I'm a good hour+ away from downtown

great idea on the foods. the place we're going is part of a national park and any sort of alcohol is prohibited (and I know they VERY actively enforce this) so wine is a no go :hs:). I do know that she likes a certain kind of lemonade and pop so I'll be sure to bring those :o

8. Mopar03

thanks for the suggestions :bowdown:

I'm heading to the grocery store today to get baguettes and different meats and cheeses and stuff for sammiches. and great tip on the flower....I'm definitely stealing that idea :o :bigthumb:

9. playahater

playahater New Member

im not a girl or nothing but wouldn't doing all this make it too over the top or make you look desperate? sure its great in the movies, but i'd be creeped out if this wasn't my anniversary or something. maybe keep it a nice meal and wine but the flower and the elaborate cheeses makes it seem like you've never been laid and your investing all your time into this one

10. ninjakitty

ninjakitty New Member

Playahata may be right. As romantic as that all is, depending on the girl, she may be a little freaked out. True, many girls would think it was oh-so-sweet (myself included), but I know many girls would be like eeeeek! Maybe tone it down just a little bit, stick to a basic picnic with a great view. Fresh fruit is always good and you can feed it to eachother if things go well. Afterwards, drinks and dancing are always a great way to loosen up and get to know eachother a little better. Good luck!!

11. Mopar03

elaborate cheeses....all I'm planning to bring are cheeses for sammiches. and no wine, just pop and lemonade :o

it just seems like going out to dinner doesn't require much thought at all. I at least want to do something a little different

12. Mopar03

plus I kinda drew the whole thing out and wouldn't tell her what we were gonna do for a few days (she still doesn't know), so I can't disappoint now :hsd:

13. ninjakitty

ninjakitty New Member

You are so very sweet, Mopar, she's a lucky gal. Being different is good, and a picnic is a great idea, don't get me wrong. Don't do the rose thing though, at least not on the first date. Sandwiches, soda & lemonade are perfect. If she doesn't appreciate the trouble you went through to create a unique and romantic date, then she isn't worth it. I personally would reward you for your trouble.

14. Mopar03

I guess I'll pass on the flower for now. time to head out to the store to get the food and everything :wavey:

15. ninjakitty

ninjakitty New Member

Cool, let us know how it goes.

16. armond

armond New Member

good pick on a first date, really makes an impression because I am told nowadays there aren't too many romantic guys out and about now. This info was brought to me by several girls I know, and my g/f.

make sure you do the whole open doors/ladies first thing. I got a lot of praise from so many women for that, isn't that wierd?

17. ninjakitty

ninjakitty New Member

Yup, a girl does appreciate that kinda thing. It shows the guy has some respect for you and isn't just out for a piece of ass, probably.

18. Mopar03

well I got into the store parking lot and happened to glance at the cell phone and saw that I missed a call. I had 1 new voicemail and guess what, it was her calling to say she couldn't make it. she said "some shit happened with my family" and she's going to explain more later when she gets off of work at 3.

hopefully she's telling the truth and if anything did happen to someone in her family, I'll hope for the best. I just can't help but think she's making up an excuse because she doesn't want to go now :(

funny thing is, she's the one who showed interest first and gave me her number without me even asking :sad2:

19. ninjakitty

ninjakitty New Member

Aw, sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to hearing how everything worked out. Don't worry though, I think she is telling the truth if she is the one who came on to you. Best thing you can do now is give her a shoulder to lean on. You'll still get your picnic.

20. Mopar03

so I finally talked to her today at work. supposedly she doesn't go out much other than work and her father just assumed she wouldn't be busy and could take her brother out of town somewhere for something (she still lives with dad).

I'm pretty sure that's really what happened, but during the course of our really short discussion, she never mentioned anything about rescheduling our date. I assume she would have if she was still interested, so should I take that as a hint and just forget about it? Or the next time I see her should I ask if I get a raincheck? :hsd:

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i think playa hata might be right. too much invested for a first date. thats like for an anniversary

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lol.. trust me, it means nothing of the sort.