GUN First AR15 Pic and ?s

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kf4zht, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Well, got all the parts for my first AR, havent shot it yet, but I like it so far

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, what is the going rate on ammo right now? I'm going to a gun show and would like to have some numbers in mind, cheapest I have found (In stock) was ~175/1000 at sportsmansguide, or 200/1000 at ammoman. Also, is it worth reloading, or just buy milsurp?

Oh, and I have heard many things about different mags, what are the ones to look for and which to avoid?

2. RMarks

RMarks New Member

$172/k of Wolf at Midway

3. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Don't shoot Wolf. Man up to some 855 or 193. I think the cheapest you are going to find it is about 250/case if you're lucky.

4. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

wwb 5.56 is Q3131 and worked great in my ar. M855 milsup worked well too. If you can find milsup at your local gun store buy it up because it is hard to come by right now. I bought 3 boxes at mine, went back 2 days later to buy more and they said it was all gone and they didnt know when they were getting more. The usgi mags are fine

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Get CProducts mags. Theyre the best out of the ones Ive used.
    44mag has started selling the 30 rounders for like $10 now, but last time I checked last night they had run out of all of them