WEB Fireworks help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Julio, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Julio

Julio New Member

I have am assign in my fireworks class. i just have to do my homeage which is going to be part of the final assignment which is the entire webpage. im having a little trouble getting started. i cant quite find a good color scheme going, i want something with red and yellow since my site is going to be about yoyoing/yoyos in sacramento. i also need help as to what my pallete in fireworks should look like. right now i have web layer and layer 1.

in which folder should my buttons/navigation go?
    which one should my tables/background stuff go?
    should each of these have their own folder?

by folders i mean this
    [​IMG]

i know my post isn't exactly fully understandable but i hope some of you could help me out.

2. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

You don't "have" to put anything in folders, it's just for organization. So typically all your buttons would go in one folder, footer in another, etc.

As far as a good color pallate:

http://www.colourlovers.com/

3. Julio

Julio New Member

ok so im getting started and im using 900x600. should i change it? i know in class they talked about trying to use a size that will suit most people but im not really sure how its gonna look on their screen/who will be viewing my site.

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

well it depends...

do you want to use a fluid design ( like this forum, which takes up the whole page ) or a static design with a fixed width... so it'll be centered in the middle, and a design on both sides

5. Julio

Julio New Member

i think i want more a centered page.

6. Julio

Julio New Member

aww fuck. i want both. does that even make sense. some parts will be taking up the whole screen but some parts will just be chillin in the middle(centered)

7. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

well you can have mixed layouts, IE you have a 150 pixel menu bar which is fixed, and your content area expands to fill the rest of the area.

Personally if this is your first site I would stick with fixed, they are much easier to design. Trying to design for the huge range of resolutions people use is very difficult.