Firefox toolbar

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 1999TL, Sep 16, 2008.

1. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

I just installed firefox again. I gave up on it awhile back, but now I find it very useful with all the add-ons(foxmarks).

Is there something that I can install to add some quick links to the unused space? In IE I installed yahoo toolbar, but Firefox has a mail plugin that takes up less real estate so I installed that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice those 4 quick link tabs that I could change to whatever using yahoo toolbar? Is there a plug in for firefox that can add tabs there, without adding another line of space like the yahoo toolbar. Basically, I just want to use the unused real estate space.

2. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

How come nobody told me in firefox you can just drag the icon from the toolbar and it will make shortcut in the space I was referring to.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Because you posted during dinnertime and nobody (I hope) surfs OT while eating.

Anyway, you can customize the toolbars; I moved my search bar up next to the menus so I can type really long searches and still see everything I typed.

4. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

This is on an older version of FF, but it works the same in v3.

[​IMG]

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

lol. that unused space is the bookmarks toolbar, if you don't like it you can turn it off. if you do like it you can start adding bookmarks to it :dunno:

6. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

Tell me what's faster if you have sites you visit multiple times a day. Bigboost apparently agrees.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I'll tell you what's faster: set Firefox to save your tabs when you close the browser, and always keep the same tabs open. When you open Firefox, boom, there they are. Two clicks to open FF and no clicks to do anything else is about as fast as you can possibly get.

8. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i'm not sure i understand what you're trying for. what unused area are you talking about in FF? there is the menu bar at the top, the bar that has your address and search boxes, the bar with your links and then generally below that your tabs. you can shrink the address and search boxes and put other icons and shit there and you can add more shortcuts to the links bar. i haven't seen (or looked for for that matter) any add-ons that allow you to put anything in the menu bar.