Firefox question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by James Hook, Dec 26, 2007.

1. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

Everytime I open it, it just stays white. Almost freezes my comp up. I have unitstalled it and reinstalled it and no luck.
    With help I may include a 1 month sub. Not much but any help is appreciated.

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Try disabling any extensions 1 by 1, then opening it up until you find what is causing the freeze.

3. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

If that doesn't work, uninstall Firefox, and delete your profile from the hard drive...

On Windows Vista/XP/2000, the path is usually C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. You will have to enable hidden folders if you haven't already to view your profile. Simply select your profile and delete it.
    You will want to save your bookmarks before you do this. You can export them to a html file with the bookmarks manager. Just go to "Bookmarks", "Organize Bookmarks", "File" then "export."Then when you are done deleting your profile and reinstalling Firefox, import your bookmarks back the same way. This usually clears up any problems that continue even after you uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

5. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Seconded. There could be some corrupted extensions in there.