Firefox Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexual Vanilla, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

When I log in to my bank's website, I'm first asked to provide my "Customer Number." This is a really long number that is annoying to have to enter every time. Firefox is great for storing usernames/passwords when the field actually says "username" and "password" or something to that effect; however, it doesn't offer to save my customer number. Is there a way I can have Firefox save my customer number, or any input field for that matter?

2. gnp

gnp New Member

you can have it save form information, this will be somewhere in the config options idk where off the top of my head.

3. Apothis

Apothis New Member

Banking and some other websites disable the prompt to remember passwords. There are ways to get around that though.

What I use is a "bookmarklet" or whatever it's called. Basically, you create a bookmark with a special script url such as:

Click the bookmark when on the login page and it will tell you it disabled the site's script to prevent prompting. Then when you login, it should prompt you to remember the password, where it otherwise didn't used to. It doesn't necessarily work on every site, but it's worth a try. It works for my two banks, but doesn't seem to work on one of my employer's pages.

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Hmm...I might have to try that if there is no other way though I don't think my bank is disabling the prompt, as I still have to enter it once I enter my Customer Number, and Firefox remembers that one. I think the only problem is that Firefox doesn't recognize it as a "username/password" field, because it's labeled "Customer Number."

5. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

Options > Privacy has a checkbox in History for "Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar" that's enabled by default.

With that on, you should be able to double click the input box and click on your number. That mightn't work for secure/SSL sites though, for security obviously.

You could do some GreaseMonkey magic either if you'd be up for it.