Firefox not saving cookies. Anybody else?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 1999TL, Oct 8, 2008.

1. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

This problem starting happening a few days ago. Each time I close firefox, I have to log back in to OT and other sites. I tried checking my settings and I still have cookies enabled. I checked to see if I had any cookies, and I did. I then cleared them all. Then, I exited firefox and opened it back up. I proceeded to log back in to OT and other sites. I checked to see if I had the cookies. I did. I load firefox back up and same thing- empty log in boxes.

Anybody else have this problem? I wonder if it is due to a recent firefox update? Or, is it just me?

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Try uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox

3. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

Thought about that...but that's gay. This shouldn't be happening.

4. Neuman

Neuman New Member

you...check the "remember me" box @ each site?

5. RoofDweller

RoofDweller Guest

:werd:

6. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

Just uninstalled/reinstalled. Something is up. Maybe i should have removed my settings in the uninstall as well.

7. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Delete your profile after you uninstall and before you reinstall. Should be in App Data/Mozilla or somewhere along those lines.

8. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

so gay. but it's working again. I knew I could do that, I was just hoping there was an easier way.

9. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Have you checked the Privacy settings?
    Tools->Options->Privacy->Private Data->Settings
    Make sure Cookies is not checked. After that go though your addons/extensions to see if any of them might be deleting the cookies.

I use CookieCuller to keep only cookies I choose and automatically delete all of the others.

Kinda dumb to first suggest uninstalling/reinstalling a program like FF since that won't clear any settings to how the program acts. Deleting (I prefer to rename) the folder where the settings are actually stored is a better step.

However in this case checking the Options to see if something got turned on that shouldn't be is the first step, checking any addons and their settings being next, then you can rename/delete the profile folder, lastly in a last ditch solution to not only rename/delete the profile folder also un/reinstall the program