firefox extension for Opera

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by myhamster, Apr 28, 2006.

1. myhamster

myhamster New Member

Opera has this really great "magnify" feature - it magnifies everything when you press + or - key. Does anyone know of a Firefox extension that does the same thing?

The problem with Firefox's magnify feature is that it's only for font size. It doesn't magnify the page. The column widths of the page stays the same, which is frustrating because I have like 3 inches of white space on either size of an article, and the text is so small. Magnifying just makes the font bigger - still have 3 inches of white space on either side.

Thanks!
    Eric

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Um wtf is you smoking? Opera *DOES* have a magnify feature, and it's built right in -- no need for extensions. It's been around forever, too.

View > Zoom

Or use the '+' or '-' keys on the numeric keypad to zoom in +/- 10% each press. And its a REAL magnification function, not just text sizes -- it adjusts widths and images, too.

3. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

I think his subject line is misleading.

"firefox extension for Opera"

yet he is asking for a firefox extension that emulates the same function as the opera magnify.

from what I'm aware of there is not an extension that compares. I could be wrong though since its been a while since I've tried finding one. The page zoom in firefox does not zoom as nicely as opera.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

o, sorry, I read it backwards.

Why would you even want to use firefox daily when you have an awsome alternative called Opera!!! The only legit complaint I've ever heard about Opera is that it used to cost money, but now it's free.... So just use Opera!

5. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

trust me a read it a couple of times before i understood as well. Another alternative, though in beta, is IE7. It does the page zoom quite nicely.

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Ditto on the above... Just swich to Opera.