GUN Fired two more guns today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DC, May 18, 2007.

1. DC

DC OT Supporter

Went to the range, fired:

Springfield XD-40 Compact
    Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm Carbine.'

And after testing ~10 total pistols since I've been going to the range, I think the XD-40 is the right gun for me. Felt so good shooting it.

The Bushmaster Carbon 15, I just rented because it's the closest to an AR round you can get on that range, they're not set up for high powered rifle cartridges yet. I do have to say, loading 9mm ammunition into a 30rd magazine is hell on your fingers after about round 10 :rofl:

2. DC

DC OT Supporter

Oh yeah, there was a guy with a shotgun at the range, shooting slugs. WTF, he took the paper target out to 10yds or so, and just ripped the shit out of it.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I do that, what in particular about it seems odd to you? If I use my shotgun in defense it will probable be at 10 yards or less. I absolutely want to know what the difference between point of aim and point of impact is at that distance and have practiced at it.

4. DC

DC OT Supporter

I guess it just seemed strange to see a guy with a shotgun going to town at a 25yd pistol range. First time for everything I guess. Whenever I've taken a shotgun to a range, it's been to shoot at clay pigeons or at an outdoor range with more interesting targets.

5. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

You really should check out a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 first before finally deciding on the XD.
    Nothing against XDs, but you might be suprised. It's a slick gun.

6. DC

DC OT Supporter

Even though I'm only a gun rookie, I'm entering a tournament at the range next weekend. $15 entry. They have monthly manufacturer tourneys and the grand prize for this month is an M&P 40. I tried to enter last month, they were giving away a 226, but I was a weekend too late.

Edit: But I haven't tried the M&P yet. I'll definitely shoot it. I know I like the XD's fit in my hand better than the Glock 23, the P226, and Para Ordinance guns.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

It probably depends on the range but there are a few long gun lanes at mine and you'll rifles and shotguns. Personally I'd find it more weird seeing someone wwith an 18" shotgun with a surefire foreend popping clays :big grin:

8. DC

DC OT Supporter

:cool: I guess a home defense shotty would be pretty useless at a trap shoot. I see your point there. This was a standard non-pistol gripped shotty though.