GUN Fired my first revolver today...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by michael, Jan 31, 2006.

1. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

it was a .357 mag but I put .38 special through it.. fun gun.. I have no idea what make it was - but i liked it..there was a lot of muzzle flare though -- i dunno if that's normal.

anyway, also fired the xd40 service model i'd been looking at.. i'm not a very big guy (6' 165), you think it's a good carry gun? I shot well with it and it fits nicely in my hands.... :dunno: I'm buying one from someone on the board, I just dont know if it'll be my range gun or my carry gun

2. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

XD 40 seems too big for normal carry purposes, unless you can keep it under a jacket or sweatshirt, but being located in Orlando, that doesn't seem practical for you.

3. Nouia

Nouia New Member

Service model seems a bit big to carry every day. I know people who don't even like carrying their XD 3inch subcompact because they find it uncomfortably bulky. Great for the range though.

edit; beaten.

4. floppycheif

floppycheif dirty boxing

Personally I dont have any problems concealing double stacks, but then again Ive got a couple inches and more than a couple of pounds on you(attention can be averted from my concealment by my belly:wiggle: ). I would take a look at some of these holster's http://www.xd-hs2000.com/holsters.html and see if you think any of those could work for your stature.

5. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

very cool. The first pistol i shot was a .38 special, colt police edition. I will buy a revolver when im 21 (or soon after).

Sounds like you gotta plan, but like the others say, go for a compact or sub for concealed.