fine scratches from snow brush

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by perry, May 4, 2002.

1. perry

perry burp

Like a good citizen, I try to wipe the snow and ice from my car before I head out in the morning or afternoon after school. Couple weeks ago I washed my car and noticed that there appears to be scratches in several places that look like what my snow brush may have left. Lots of 6" long fine scratches on the hood, roof, trunk, and rear quarter panels, kinda clumped together in certain areas.

I tried a couple coats of Z5, but it didn't do too much. I guess I need something stronger. Looked through the product list, but I can't decide what to use!

I looked around Smalltown, Indiana, at the various auto parts stores, and no place had a decent selection of products to try, so I'll have to order online. I'd like to place just one order and not waste money, so what shall I try? Meguair's Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish? Medium cut, fine cut, or heavy cut? Try to find 3M Finesse-It someplace (is the stuff on www.carcareonline.com what I'd need)?

I have a Craftsman 6" random orbital buffer if that would help with the recommendations... Car is teal in color if that matters any.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Try Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner/Polish, follow with Swirl Free Polish and then your usual Zainos treatment. If you are going to use a buffer, use a foam pad and make sure you work DAC/P into the paint until it looks nearly clear and dry before buffing off the excess. Same with SF.

3. perry

perry burp

Thanks Scott! I'll order tomorrow and I'll be sure to report back my results.

4. perry

perry burp

Finally got a chance to go after the scratches today.

Results are nothing less than amazing! Got rid of the scratches and left an awesome shine! Even got rid of some scratches that I thought were permanent! Z2 goes on tomorrow for even more bling, bling!

Good stuff. Thanks again for the suggestion, Scott!

5. perry

perry burp

Here's after my coat of Z2 today.

[​IMG]

My second cousin came over today as I was finishing up and asked me to "buff" her car when she goes out of town next weekend. Doh!