SRS Finding value in wasted time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tDoYatRoM, Nov 8, 2009.

1. tDoYatRoM

tDoYatRoM New Member

I wasted a few years to addictions and behaviour that didn't lead anywhere great. I vowed to myself to change my ways and change myself and stop wasting my time. Yet, I wasted another year just procrastinating changing myself. I got the lesson to not waste anymore time a year ago, I still haven't applied it, and it feels like I just wasted an enormous amount of time and like I've just let that time go down the drain.

What good has come out of this?

2. themolsen

themolsen New Member

What do you consider wasting your time? You're living... and that's pretty much what life is all about.

Are you looking for an end result or something? The end result is death; everything before that is life. I'm really not sure what you mean by "wasting time." Are you literally just sitting around the house doing nothing all day?

3. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

well i wasted two years of my life doing drugs and drinking, but the way i see it is that i had to go through that to get to the point where i am now, which for the most part i'm pretty satisfied with. so it happened for a reason.

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

Sounds to me like you got it:bigthumb:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You always need to say goodbye to addictions, procastrination and all other forms of negativity in your life, id say in fact you have to be like a garbage man that throws everything destructive and unrewarding out of your life. But it takes time,

First you have thrown out the addictions, now its time to throw out the procastrination and only keep yourself busy with things that are rewarding, this requires yet another strenght from your personality that must be build up
    in yourself. A strong foundation that will not waver under the pressure and circumstances is needed in order to deal with life, and caution off not falling into the same traps, its difficult but your personality will grow stronger as you gain experience over time and stay out of trouble.