A&P Finding an image suitable for a presentation

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by redrumkev, Jul 17, 2006.

1. redrumkev

redrumkev New Member

Hello Art & Photography people!

I am a currently finishing up my MBA and have a presentation to create. The basis for the assignment is that my team, 5 students, give an overview of the MBA program and list all key learning's and tools which were used throughout our studies.

My idea is to find a photo that represents business and/or our growth during the program, metaphorically. I was thinking of a photo of some large buildings, maybe taken from the base upwards, or any other picture that would go with the above, should anyone have some other ideas. What I wanted to do is blur and distort the picture on the first slide and slowly bring it back into order and focus so that the second last slide the picture is almost in focus and recognizable, then finally on the last slide "it will all come together" and the picture/photo would be clear.

Does anyone have an idea where I could find a photo that would work for this, i.e. good stock. I searched yahoo photos, but I am having a hard time finding something that will allow one color of text to be used throughout the entire set of slides. Either the top or bottom has an opposite color (light or dark), so white text or black text looks poor on one part of it. I am open to other colors of text, but most important is that the text be visible in a power point presentation from a projector

Any one have something else that would relate to business and growth/learning, besides the building that we could use, which would provide an easy background to build the presentation on top of?

Thank you in advance for your help and time :)
    Kevin

2. Blair

Blair New Member

3. mojito

mojito New Member

adobe stock photos built into cs2

gettyimages.com

corbis

you can pay me to go take something specific for you :x:

4. redrumkev

redrumkev New Member

How long would this take to get done? What do you have in mind?

5. psykosis

psykosis Go placidly amid the noise and the haste

Do you have a pictue of you looking up at a someone you admired/tried to model yourself after (i.e., father, theacher, role model, etc)? I think it would make a similar statement...

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i believe there are photos out there that have the eiffel tower being built from the ground up. IKEA used to have a premade one that had it in 3 steps.

7. redrumkev

redrumkev New Member

Great idea, however this has to represent the entire team... any ideas how I could do that?

8. redrumkev

redrumkev New Member

A premade photo? I don't understand.

9. psykosis

use a pic that is not of any of you that still conveys the same feeling. I think maybe a father on the left, son or daughter on the right, shot from the back with the child looking up at the father, with just a portion of the child's face being visable in the photo. Setting would be either on a beach looking over the water (use large body of water with nothing on horizon line) or on edge of cliff or peak. I think this would display the same feeling, but be a more universal shot that would encompass your entire team.

And congrats on the MBA!

10. redrumkev

redrumkev New Member

Thank you for the reply psykosi,

I have spoke with my team and they love the idea of a father figure and a child. The idea that one grows from child or student into adult or professional is very universial. As far as the background for this shot, I do not live near a beach, so we will have to make due with something else, maybe a park or other outdoor shot that has a similar color (green in this case) so that the faded or blurred effect will allow for dark color text on all slides and in all areas. Thank you for the great idea!

Kevin

11. psykosis

If you wish, I am surrounded by beaches here, and my brother-in-law is both a semi-pro photog, as well as a father of a six year old. If you want, I'm sure he'd be willing to do that shot...

12. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

meaning its a series of three photos set inside a 20x30" frame (I think). thats what I meant by premade.