SRS financial security and women

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PureEnergy, May 6, 2008.

1. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Is it true if you have financial security, it'll be able get almost any woman you want? I know a few friends that are financially stable(they drive a 07 911 Porsche) and yet they can't find a date to save their life.

I also know a few people(that drive a 88 Oldsmobile) that are not so financial stable, but yet they can get any woman they desire w/ a snap of a finger.

Is this possible?

2. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Money can't buy charm. Sometimes it can enhance a sense of confidence, but it's nothing by itself.

3. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

Most women wouldn't ever admit it

4. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Your missing the point, I said Porsche owner is financially stable. He has his own home and a steady job(well not steady in term's of today's market since anyone can get layoff). He could pay off his car if he wants to, but thats not a good financial decision. I know several other people that are also financially stable as well, but they can't get a date. I myself have trouble dating, but i'm not rich as these people nor am I poor like the oldsmobile owner.

Oldsmobile owner barely has enough to pay rent. Believe it or not some of the females that he knows are rich(their dads) and he ask them to pay for his bills.

5. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

weird

6. kiri

kiri New Member

no :rolleyes: money isn't everything to some people, beleive it or not.

7. i would eat

i would eat New Member

women are probably way more attracted to a rich man imo
    succes and stuff

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

ummm... wat?

It is your confidence and bearing that will attract a woman. Physical attraction is biological, and instinctive. There's very little if any thought that goes into it.

Women instinctively want a man who can protect and care for them. The puerile retard driving the expensive car, waving wads of cash around, doesn't project a sense of security. Meanwhile, the guy driving the old car, but who's confident and assured, does.

Women will often marry for money, but that's because they see the money as the means to their happiness. Those women aren't usually attracted to the person, they just make a conscious choice to go with the person anyways for the money. For that very reason, they will likely cheat/divorce.

9. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

So mom raised you to think you were the king and deserved everything? Welcome to the real world where feelings and honest emotion will get you laid, not the value of your car(it will but somehow you arent getting laid).

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

A financially secure man is still competing against other men that are of similar status

11. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. I always hear from women that one of their requirements in finding a mate is that they must be able to provide financially. Yet I know people who do have their finances straight, but they can't find any date at all. :dunno:

These people are not the type to wave cash around or brag about it in anyway. He bought a Porsche because he wants to drive it for fun and for the weekends and summertime, women was not the objective for buying the car. He has other cars, which is more than what most people can afford for daily use. He has these cars because he is able to afford it just like were able to afford a $5 meal everyday.

Dont change the meaning of the post out of context and reread my post, I did not say anything about being a King. I'm just asking what I observed among my rich and poor friends. I'm somewhere in the middle and I do have trouble dating as well.

12. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

It's one of the requirements. Not a primary one, and not the only one.

13. fanjita

fanjita New Member

So his Porsche is an extension of his personality and his personality sounds, quite frankly, dull. In which case its not surprising that not many people want to date him, because excitement matters.

14. kiri

kiri New Member

guys seem to get these things confused. i can't speak for all women here, but i personally (and most women i know) would agree that they want a mate who is responsible, both financially and otherwise, and not lazy. for example, i'd rather be with a man who is ambitious and active, but a little down on his luck financially (not able to find a job, got screwed over, etc) than a millionaire who had won the lottery or inherited all his money who sits on the couch all day and is constantly trying to get other people to pay for his things.

plus, the financial thing doesn't play into dating for me all that much. sure, when you marry someone you need to think about that sort of thing, such as providing for the family when you have kids or whatever. but, when i first meet someone, i almost never notice anything about their financial status.

15. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Actually I mentioned before that the guy(poor friend) that owns the Oldsmobile is dirt poor and lazy and yet he's always surrounded with women and is able to get them to pay for majority of his bills. This is something I don't get either.

16. kiri

kiri New Member

is he really charming?

17. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

No. You cannot "get almost any woman you want" with financial security alone.

Yes. It is possible to be attractive without being financially stable.

Is this something that's even remotely difficult to see? Seems obvious to me, and yet here you are asking these questions...

18. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

He's a nice person, but I honestly cannot tell if someone is charming. Probably because I myself is not charming and its not like you can learn this. The way I see it, its either your born charming or not.

19. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you'd be wrong

20. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

If your talking about being charming, then yes I hope I'm very wrong.

21. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Don't have to be a balla, but when I dated (and then married) financial management, and future earning potential were important parts of my decision. I am not going to dedicate my life to someone that is going to bring down my quality of living. Certainly not the only thing, but anyone that wants to say things like that dont matter is either a liar or fool :dunno:

22. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

You can learn. It takes a LOT of time.

As for your friend and his Porsche, that's fine if he bought it for fun and for himself. But the point is that you can have all the money in the world, but realistically women won't be crawling at your feet unless you have some semblance of how to charm and be interesting. Sometimes people with money learn how to make it work to their advantage, but it's not like the money comes and the ladies drop into your lap.

23. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

I think time is something I don't have. I'm 27 yrs old now and as I grow older it gets harder to learn.

24. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

charm follows from confidence

25. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

are you female?