FinallyFast.com

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ssj4gogita4, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ssj4gogita4

ssj4gogita4 Active Member

I've seen the commercial on TV dozens of times and I thought I would try it out once then uninstall it.

I download it but during installation, avast locates a virus (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/ssj4gogita4/virus.jpg) (not a virus...just a picture of what it found). I've deleted it but was just wondering why they are trying to sell something on TV if it gives a virus unless it's just avast's fault and maybe being all weird with what it found?

I'm sure no one else wants to try but was just wondering. :dunno:

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

because spyware isn't a virus, and it's not illegal if they do it right.

Is it free? Because if it is, they often bundle spyware with their software to help pay the bills (for example: kazaa)

3. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

finallyfast is a fucking joke. its basically CCleaner, but the want money for it.

the commercials piss me off. especially the lady on the phone trying to check her email. shes got windows xp on an ibook, thats your problem there. i know she really doesn't and its just a superimposed image, but come on

also, they show a file download. they show one being slow and another being fast...yeah ok. unless you have serious registry problems that are messing with your mtu or your network adapter is at max, finallyfast will not change your download speed

5. dorkultra

oh and this:
    [y]atd8dowrbNI[/y]

i couldn't even finish watching it. :rofl: @ the fag with the slow internet connection playing a lame game...MOM!

6. ssj4gogita4

ssj4gogita4 Active Member

7. Chris

Chris New Member

that stopsign software is also full of malware

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I am NOT saying finallyfast will speed it up, because it's a huge scam.... However, I *have* seen machines that were slow as balls, almost like dialup when there was a 1.5Mbps+ connection available... Cleaned em up and they were nice and snappy. So it CAN make a difference.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Shit, it works on Mac OS too? :o Amazing!

10. deusexaethera

Two words: Advertising Revenue.

11. deusexaethera

It's probably just a Temp file deleter and a Registry "optimizer". But, one of the few things you and I agree on is that anything that claims to be able to fix Registry errors automatically is a disaster waiting to happen. No program can possibly know how every other program uses its Registry entries -- all it can do is remove known malware and guess at the rest, and it's that guessing that can cause all kinds of problems.

Better to just hit the person using the computer every time they download spyware, until they learn their lesson.

- - -

That said, I've found two tools made by SysInternals -- NTRegOpt and PageDefrag -- that really do counteract a lot of the "Windows Rot" effect that older machines have. NTRegOpt rebuilds the Registry from scratch, in a perfectly-balanced tree, which improves search times when programs ask to read their Registry entries, and PageDefrag performs a bootup defrag of various system files that can't be defragged when Windows is running.

12. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

I use SpyBot to assist with my registries. The only thing it really does is just help find leftover registry entries for progs that I don't have anymore.

13. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

lol, is that a macbook that the e-mail chick is using? it looks like one but the logo is too blurry. then when it zooms into the screen the logo is gone! lol.

14. dorkultra

actually its an ibook. then the shot cuts away and the logo is covered up