GUN Finally using the tumbler

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by no7fish, Jan 22, 2009.

1. no7fish

no7fish New Member

My dad got me a pair of Lyman tumblers for x-mas and I've finally stopped going places on the weekend so I get to use them! I sifted through and sorted some brass, collected up all the 9mm and set to work. (work = watching the tumbler...)

I think they're great, my reloading helper isn't so impressed though...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes I realize my reloading room is fag-blue. It was freshly painted when I moved in and I haven't gotten to it after painting the rest of the house!

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Don't breath the dust it is full of lead. I tumble outside for this reason. You definately do not want that dust in your house.

3. purebad

purebad I don't need your approval, right?

I was expecting to see a batmobile. :o

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

Yeah dude, at the least, it's rite next to my garage door and I crack open the garage doors when I let them run. That is the most toxic shit in reloading. You don't want to tumble in your house.

Just a reminder to reloaders, check your lead levels.

5. no7fish

no7fish New Member

That's good information to know, thanks guys. I'll move it to my garage from now on, which was the original plan but it was cold as fawk out there that night...

So, it might be worth noting that I was unbelievably ill on Tues. I attributed it to either stomach flu or some sort of food poisoning although after hearing what you guys mentioned and ersearching the symptoms of acute lead poisoning, it's possible that I caught a good whiff of the dust in opening the tumbler.... :(

I didn't go to the hospital and I'm feeling fine now so I'll probably never know which of the options, if any, it was. Either way though, you can bet I'll be taking extra precautions on where and how I do my tumbling just in case that was the issue. I didn't exactly stick my face in the thing and I find it a bit hard to imagine that I got enough in me to cause that sort of problem but it is a bit of coincidence... :shrug:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  6. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

FYI your gums will start to turn blue and your teeth will get loose or fall out if you are contracting lead poisioning.
    Just check your gums and teeth every week or so. If you reload hard core schedual a yearly blood test.

Also, go spend 50 bucks on a high quality resperator.

7. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

that's why all those paki's are missing teeth, eh

8. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Dunno but I used to do asbestos and lead based paint abatment and lead poisioning is fucking scary.

9. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

Leave that shit in the garage son