GUN Finally took my 10/22 to the range v.newbarrelandstock

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Dec 29, 2007.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Figured I'd just make a new thread instead of bumping the old one. Keep in mind I'm a new shooter and there's still room for improvement in my technique. Anyway, my 10/22 was really sloppy out of the box. Almost impossible to even sight in because the spread was all over the place. Got a Green Mountain bull barrel and Hogue OM stock (free floats the barrel) and the groups are a lot tighter. So here's the results from today's shooting. I used the bottom two to warm the barrel up and sight it in, then I used the top two to get a benchmark of the groups. 6 shots in each. You can't tell anymore, but target B was pretty similar to A but I had to wait about 20 minutes for a cease fire because everyone else was shooting muzzle loaders so I went through a few magazines while waiting to help break in the barrel. lulz. Oh yeah, for pics of the 10/22 look here.
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3579874
    I have a handful of new parts (VQ target hammer, bolt buffer, auto bolt release, extended mag release, sharp claw extractor, etc.) coming in soon, so I'll be out again in a couple weeks before I put everything away for the winter.

[​IMG]

:coold:

2. t1h

t1h Guest

you need to adjust the windage

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Yeah...

4. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Pretty good for a first time out with it. Looks like your best there on A was just over an inch judging by the size of the bullseye measuring 1 inch as the target says. Keep using it as that should be able to come down as I would think the gun is capable of more.

Keep it up. What were you using as a rest?

5. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Ditch the Champion, it has sucked in every 10/22 I've shot except for one particular Wally World special.

Try some Wolf Match 40gr. Or at least some 40gr Mini-Mags. It will tighten up slightly with the Mini-Mags and will probably shock you with the Wolf Match :cool:

edit... it will also tighten up as the barrel leads in

6. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

I agree, I bet it will shoot 3/4" or slightly tighter. Looks good!

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

try some sub-sonics as well, I have heard that those can group tighter since they don't have to go trans-sonic and wont get their trajectory fucked up.