Finally stopped going Tanning. Been a solid 3 months now.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Patrick Bateman, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

Since I've hit the tanning salon, cancelled my membership.

Went anywhere from once to 2-3x/week on and off for about 3 years. Decided that its fucking stupid and I dont give a fuck to get Cancer over it anymore after all the studies released (not like i didnt know previously)

Im pale as fuck now, but who gives a shit.

2. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

relaxing to go tho, and the chicks are bangin

3. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

it is stupid...i did it off and on for a few months last winter

4. knucks

knucks Active Member

yup, haven't gone in a while.
    pale as hell, whatever.

5. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

i look like pure shit without a tan because i was blessed with dark circles under my eyes. shits genetic, doesn't matter how much sleep etc. so, when I'm pale as fuck they stand out and I look half dead. Cancer here I come.

6. pitchblue

pitchblue New Member

Someone needs to invent a non spray on tan that doesn't use UV lights. Tanning supplements would be sick.

7. knucks

knucks Active Member

melanin...

8. biggusdickus

biggusdickus pull the string

did that research chem "melanotan" ever catch on with the juicer crowd? It augmented the melanin in the skin and i remember some dudes at elitefitness a few years back getting some bad sides.

9. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I get pasty as fuck every winter. I hate it.

10. Ish

Ish New Member

im pure white year round :(

11. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

I guess at age 26 i finally starting weighing pro's/con's of shit and not just blindly doin bad shit for my health for the sake of nothing........if i step on a stage ill plop some dreamtan all over my damn self, if i go to the beach, ill lay out and tan, but the tanning salon thing, done.

12. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk OT Supporter

good choice, not worth it

13. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

Heres some interesting facts;
    My mother never went in a tanning bed in her entire life. She never had a tan. She did however go on vacations, with no base tan, and frequently burnt as a result of lack of preparation.

More men are diagnosed with skin cancer, than women. Even though
    A: Most (67%) of my clients are female, and I have more men that most salons as I am next to GOLDS GYM
    B: Most men don't self diagnose themselves for skin cancer, whereas more women do, so there are far more men out there with skin cancer that are unreported cases.

910 people a year die of Skin Cancer in Canada, of the 4600 diagnosed.

Skin Cancer is bad, but its easily diagnosed. Regularly check yourself out in the mirror, or have your boyfriend/girlfriend check you out. Look for moles that werent there. IF one shows up, go get a FREE biopsy to cut the mole off. (takes about 10 minutes, its painless and leaves almost no scar at all) In two weeks you find out if it was cancer or not and your down one unsightly mole!

Sunlight is good for you. It makes your body produce Vitamin D. What does this mean for you? Vitamin D PREVENTS the following:
    Prostate Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Lung Cancer
    Breast Cancer

Those 4 cancers combined result in 92,700 cases a year, and result in 38,800 DEATHS.

One of the major preventative factors in those cancers. VITAMIN D! In fact, 63 studies have shown that proper levels of Vitamin D make you 50% less likely to be diagnosed with those 4 kinds of cancer.

Those 4 kinds of cancer suck to deal with, mamagrams, doctors thumbs-in-yer-bums, intrusive sugeries, expensive medical bills and Chemotherapy. My mother has gone through skin cancer, 4 times, and she would probably forget about it 99 days out of a 100. My grandfather has gone through beating colon cancer and you can see the effects that it has taken on his body and he remmbers it at least once a day of every day. Thats not even that mad, one of my clients mother didn't beat breast cancer, and after living a short period of life feeling like less of a woman with only one breast, something she thought of every waking moment of every day and destroyed her sex life, and then died anyways.

Thats not all Vitamin D prevents. It also prevents heart disease, and osteoporosis. 50% of every women that have a fall with osteoporosis die within 1 year. They fracture, even though women think for years they have been taking enough calcium, but without vitamin D to promote absorbtion, its useless. Number one preventative factor is once again, Vitamin D. Considering that these fractures cost our healthcare system 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS every year. Perhaps the government should be paying for some seniors to come to GOLD'N TAN?

I can go on for hours and hours. But let me tell you right now. SunSCREEN kills more people than SunTANNING. Proper safe tanning principles such as using the matrix, which only has 2% UVB just enough to generate vitamin D but not enough to burn the skin, and never ever sun burning means that you can do your best to prevent skin cancer.

Tanning is your prescription to prevent other skin cancers. Trying to take enough supplements or drink enough milk isnt going to work, and for 7-9 months that the UV index in Canada is too low, we are in a Vitamin D winter and even if you were outside all day your body wouldnt produce Vitamin D naturally.

I am in the business of cancer prevention, and health and wellness from all angles. I love my mother, and she loves and supports me. The next time someone tells you your going to get skin cancer from tanning. Let them know, that if they want to play the odds, for every 1 person that dies of skin cancer, 25.8 are dying from 4 other much more dangerous cancers, that even if you live, you will never forget!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I have posted my sources for you all to read as well, to educate yourself more on the benefits and negatives of skin cancer.

Canadian Cancer Statistics
    http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Cancer%20statistics/Canadian%20Cancer%20Statistics.aspx?sc_lang=en

Vitamin D Significantly Cuts Cancer Risks
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...vitamin_cancer_070607/20070607?hub=TopStories

Vitamin D prevents Lung Cancer
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154038,00.html

Tanningtruth.com - rediscover the sun
    http://www.tanningtruth.com/index.php/vitamin_d_sunshine_vitamin/

Sunscreen kills more people than the Sun
    http://www.Sunlightscam,org

Osteoporosis Facts about Vitamin D
    http://www.osteoporosis.ca/index.php/ci_id/5536/la_id/1.htm

this was posted by a local tanning salon franchise owner whose mother had skin cancer.

14. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

there's other ways to get Vit D in ya know. I've got a can of sardines in front of me that has 110% of the RDA.

15. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

i went in the winter for like the past 4 years, usually just once a week to keep a little color

but ya, my mom keeps telling me its stupid and i'll get cancer so i think i might not go this winter :wtc:

...unless i go on vacation somewhere

16. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Melanotan bro.

17. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Every pic I see with dudes on this they look absolutely retarded. Like a different race. I also heard people got some real bad sides. Not sure what, just heard it being discussed by some knowledgable dudes.

18. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Never tried it. Been thinking about it though. I dont wanna be orange or green though.

19. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Is that shit reversible? lmao

20. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

The FDA even admits that their RDA his grossly underestimated

21. SlowNegative

SlowNegative Her name is Rio

Not worth it. Only thing worse than going tanning is that spray on shit.

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

everything in moderation. go twice a month. should be enough to keep almost anyone from looking sick and pasty but not enough to worry about the negative effects.

23. logikbomb

logikbomb Who's there? Cuz you're gonna get nothin but holes

lol @ tanning to get vit d.

try going outside?

24. lets_talk

lets_talk New Member

I miss being tan- love how relaxing it is- but don't wanna be wrinkled or sick later. admittedly, I tan like 4 times a year in a booth, usually when i'm in a wedding or just feel like it.

25. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I fall asleep in the beds. :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.