MMA finally started training again

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Nov 28, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

situation at work worked out to where I can begin training again. Found a new spot with a good trainer and alot of good people to work with. I went through a training session today and I need some work now to catch up to where I was.

Conditioning = ass
    Weight = insert hamburger
    Front kick looks like ass
    round house is strong but my shins need conditioning
    knees = liquid ass

I know what I have to work with now to get back in shape my main concern is my weight and my conditioning everything else will comeback with time.

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

sorry i don't know your former situation, what all were you training? (mma, kickboxing, muay thai etc).

it's always good to get back to the gym, i love that sore feeling.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

lots of bull shit, heart surgery then getting jobs that had really shitty schedules because I needed the money. I trained in kick boxing and judo and went on a long hiatus.

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

didn't you post a few months ago about having an upcoming mma fight?

5. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

when I'm not poor and have a job (at school now) I'll start training again hopefully

must feel awesome just to be on the mats again

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Spinning back hammerfist :rofl:

and just stick with it man. Cardio goes out the window in a matter of weeks, so dont get down on yourself.

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah I had the fight awhile ago it was ametuer and I won. After that B.S. just kept coming and getting into the way of my training I had a job that made me work 90 hour weeks then I was unemployed for awhile and then this job got in the way of training but now I can train again.

I checked out ATT they have alot of B.S. ATT's around florida where some guy just throws the name on it and they are decent but not what Im looking for. The coconut creek camp is good if your training with the pro fighters like ben is but if they stick you in the ametuer classes they are crowded as fuck last time I went. It seems that most good schools are like that now so they can keep themselves funded.

I found a decent muay thai place that had some good ametuer fighters coming out of their camp. Ill be training with them for a little while and see if I can do a fight or two in ametuer kick boxing with them. Then when I pay off all my bills im planning on saving up to get more serious and go to a camp some where. Maybee Fairtex or something to that extent. Im really focusing on my striking right now for the next year to set up a good base.

and yeah humility goes a long way lol. Spinning hammer fist is still the shit niggaz

8. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Was this the one your dad woke you for?

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

no, I wish I could fight him in an mma fight but I dont think Ill ever be able to make super heavy weight

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

bah this conditioning thing is kicking my ass I got to get a conditioning program together stat because Ill walk in there spar for one round and roast the guy. Then I will go in and spar the same guy or some one worse and get owned hard.

11. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah I've just upped my conditioning regimen, cuz it's been suffering because I'm getting relaxed enough on my feet and on the ground that I don't burn much energy.. but when it comes time to have to use some muscle or explosiveness I burn out quick :hs:

I am definitely lazy. my new routine is fucking brutal and I'm hatin it right now, but I'll be a happy man with good cardio in another couple months.

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

any one got some good conditioning routines

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i dont knwo what it is, but everyone here swears by Crossfit.

I just run almost everyday. sometimes twice, if so my second run is with a weighted vest.

Doing full rounds on the heavy bag is killer too. its a good gauge of how you are doing.

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i used to do routines with heavy bags and they are great but freaking these guys do alot of mit training and it takes alot more out of me when you have some one good feeding you then it is when your just doing the heavy bag at your own pace. I need to start running again I think the main problem is my aerobic base has gone to shit so my anerobic is suffering from that. Im gonna try to work myself up to something like 5 mins of jump rope a 40 min run then some sprinting after that

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

40 run is overkill. run for a shorter time on an incline or something.

16. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Video link?