finally started playing shadow of the colossus

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by blackrat, Sep 20, 2009.

1. blackrat

blackrat Active Member

Holy fuck :bowdown:

Just beat number 11, the fire alter one. I've been more impressed with this 4 year old game than anything else I've played recently, the design and direction are just insane. The way they introduce the colossi is so epic at times and I just sit there watching them reveal themselves like a movie. Really looking forward to their PS3 game now.

One thing that really stands out to me is how the overworld is exactly how I imagined a next gen Zelda to be years ago with all the giant arches, natural bridges, and scenic views. The horse tops it off with the Zelda comparison. A modern Zelda game with SoC's world would be :wackit:

2. GOAT SQUIRTS

GOAT SQUIRTS New Member

now i wanna play again

3. blackrat

blackrat Active Member

After looking up zelda and sotc I'm seeing that comparisons of the two were already done to death years ago. :hsugh: better late than never I guess.

4. RickylSmalls

RickylSmalls OT Supporter

Its definitely as breathtaking a game experience that ive ever had

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

This is one game I never got to but always wanted to.

Same thing happened with God of War for me. Didn't get to it when it was getting all the hype but then randomly decided to finally play it a couple years after is was old news and was blown away at how immersed I got in it and how great the gameplay and design was. Really looked and played great up against the newer games even.

6. poin

poin OT Supporter

Except God of War doesn't do anything new. Shadow of the Colossus is in a totally different league design and art-wise.

Only drawback is the frames drops a couple of times. Everything else is near perfection. Reaching the first boss.. it's :eek3:

7. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

There was a thread about SotC a little while ago and still, the game is fucking :bowdown:

The only gripe I had with it was that the land was way too barren. The only thing I would add to it is more animal wildlife. Not really enemies, but just something to fill that huge map up. Maybe if they did something like include mountain lions, they could attack you if you really pissed them off. Other than that, the game is really a perfect piece of art.

I'm really hoping that when the last guardian comes out for ps3 Sony does a collection for SotC and Ico with 720p graphics.

8. blackrat

blackrat Active Member

It's well worth picking up. I thought I bought it a few months ago but couldn't find it around the house, ended up going to a few Gamestops until I found one that had it. I was worried it might be past it's time too, but like I mentioned the whole art direction and composition of everything more than makes up for however million polygons it's missing compared to it's 360,PS3 brethren. This game actually makes me stop and look around at shit and appreciate the way it was designed. It's a rare occurrence that I get that feeling from a game nowadays.

That whole thing was awe inspiring. The way the trees shook and all you could see was it's feet. I watched it walk away for a few moments before firing an arrow in his back. The way it flinched along the music kicking in as it slowly turns around [​IMG]

EDIT: Anyone have know of a good uploader for the soundtrack? Have it in 320kb but I forgot rapidshit only lets you upload files, not folders.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  9. FunkyMunniez

only game ive ever played where i kinda wondered wanted to not kill the 'enemy.' my friend didnt even finish it because he felt bad about killing the colossi :rofl:

10. FunkyMunniez

o and argo, your horse, best supporting character. ever.

11. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

I still need to finish this game. I'm so anti-walkthrough that I got stuck on one colossus and gave up. Perhaps I should just suck it up, watch the Youtube walk through, and pass that level. It was the big turtle one you had to shoot under the feet I think?

http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p2.html

12. assclown

assclown Active Member

That shit blows any Zelda game away IMO. So epic and memorable.

13. eXtraVert3d

eXtraVert3d Pop this, bitch!

Damn I've said it before and I'll say it again: SotC is fuckin TITS! So much so that I now demand any of my friends who are into gaming give it a playthrough.

Ico was fine... If the trend cntinues, their third title will be the second coming of Christ.

14. RickylSmalls

RickylSmalls OT Supporter

you can figure that shit out bro its not that hard

15. FunkyMunniez

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not :o :rofl:

16. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

Amazing game. Last Guardian is easily one of the games I am looking forward to the most. They are one of those studios that takes fucking forever to release a game, but when the finally do it is well worth the wait.

17. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

meh

im in the minority.. i know

18. blackrat

blackrat Active Member

19. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

The best game of the last generation. I can only hope and pray that there will be a re-release with at least 720p. So many people I know never gave this game a chance and it just makes it even more of a gem.

20. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

Yeah I know I didn't exactly try very hard. I probably got a new game around that time and just forgot about it.

Oh I agree. The horse part was boring but what else can they do? The giants can't exactly live a block away from each other. Warp using the map, maybe?

21. FunkyMunniez

o :rofl::rofl:

They did have little exploration bits. hunting salamanders and fruit trees for bonus health and stamina were nice little time wasters. But I enjoyed just running around the map. It wasn't exactly a huge waste of time to get to the colossi because the sword shows you exactly where to go and when you're starting from the center its not a really long way even though it seems like you've been galloping for 20 minutes.

I just think it would have made the game 11ty billion times more fun and cooler if they just did something to make the map feel less empty. Put deer or some shit in there that you can kill just for shits and giggles or just to fill the environment up a tad.

22. Loryk

Loryk Elite Member OT Supporter

fuck i really need to play this game.

23. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

:rofl:

24. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Never played it but it's at the top of my "To Play" list. I'm going to wait closer until The Last Guardian's release date to get it for PS2 though, just in case Sony decided to give it the Blu Ray treatment...:x:

25. Rumble

Rumble OT Supporter

I fucking love this game. If sony does what they are doing with god of war, and releases it in HD with a constant framerate, it could be the best game ever.