GUN Finally, something is done right.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by luvitlo94, Jul 14, 2006.

1. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

Senate votes to bar emergency gun confiscation

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted to prohibit the confiscation of legally owned guns during an emergency like last year’s Hurricane Katrina, marking another victory for the gun lobby.

Whole story: http://www.weaponsusa.com/archives/52

:coold:

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

very nice

3. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

worthless law, doesn't mean they won't try it, and use force to take it :shrug:

4. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Yeah but now there is a specific law that says they will have to answer for their actions, whereas now they just do it and no one can really say much about it other than piss and moan.

NICE ONE!!

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

6. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

But if they did that, you could use your huge amount of lawsuit money to buy an even bigger and better gun collection.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

There's already a constitutional amendment. It's a shame we have to actually specifically legislate our rights now.

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

That is assuming you survive the chaos, now unarmed. :buttsex:

I'd rather it be a known fact that if you attempt to remove another persons legally owned gun(s) you're liable to be shot, peace officer or not. And yes I realize this would cause problems with gun weilding criminals who are "innocent until proven guilty"

9. I was thinking the same thing. Like, what the fuck, we already have the 2nd amendment that says we have the right to bear arms.. and now we need not only special permits to carry those arms, and special background checks to purchase those arms, but we also need laws protecting our arms from the very government that made the Constitution?

faggotry.

10. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

i get where you are coming from, but do you not beleive in background checks for firearms?

11. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

No. If you can't trust someone to purchase a firearm, then you shouldn't have let them back out on the street. A background check doesn't check for criminal activity. It checks for criminal activity at which one has been CAUGHT. Criminals who haven't been caught can still buy firearms just fine. The ones who have been caught and have done their time should be allowed to buy firearms. If you can't trust them with that, then you can't trust them out of jail in the first place.

12. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

thats a good point, if it were true that the people who are released from prison never commit crimes again. The truth is, most are repeat offenders, and the way the justice system is today allows people to get out of jail/prison faster by making deals and good behavior during their sentence. The last thing i want is a rapist to be able to purchase a firearm legally. Thats not saying all criminals dont learn from their mistakes, but you have to live with your mistakes and realize that you arent going to have the same rights that you used to. this includes purchasing firearms legally in my opinion.

13. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If they fuck up again then they'll be thrown back in jail. Do you really think that someone who is a repeat offender is going to give a fuck about a law that prohibits him from buying a gun if he wants to get one to commit a crime with? The only people that a law like that disarms are the ones who are actually reformed and who intend to become a productive member of society again.

14. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

and the next time they "fuck up again" is the time that somebody may be killed. I realize most criminals dont buy guns legally in the first place, but its the principle of the thing.

15. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

2% of guns bought legally are used in crimes. TWO PER FUCKING CENT. What does this statistic tell us? It doesn't matter if it's ok for the bad guys to have guns or not. They will get them. Someone isn't going to go buy a $500 glock and then rob a fucking convenience store. They're going to go see Tyrone down the street and buy that sawed off shotgun that he stole from someone's house last week. Banning something because of "the principle of the thing" is fucking retarded.

You're right. The idea that it's ok for someone who was convicted of a felony 20 years ago to be able to own a gun is just outrageous to some people. Just like the fact that I can build an AK out of spare parts with no kind of background check for very little money is outrageous to some people. Just like the fact that peacable, law abiding citizens can have 100 round drums for their "assault rifles" is outrageous to some people. Having a gun in your possession is a victimless crime. If you can prove that they intend to commit a crime with that gun then by all means arrest them. Just owning a gun shouldn't carry such a stigma in society, though.

16. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

i never said law abiding citizens shouldnt be able to anything listed above... you are totally changing the point. i might agree with you if 0% of legally owned guns wrere used in crimes, but thaats not the point. As long as some people used legally owned guns for crimes, then there needs to be background checks. I dont know why you are defending criminals like you are, but they are criminals, and dont deserve the same rights as we do.

17. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I agree that it is retarded to have to specifically lagislate our rights which have already been explained in the Constitution. However, there are plenty of people out there trying to specifically misconstrue the phrasing in that document so I think it is about time we started fighting with fire. As long as there is a legal/legislature system we will be fighting people that want to take our guns. We can no longer depend on the "it says it in the Constitution" defense, a more active stance is needed.

Oh, and I would venture a guess that nearly all of those 2% of legally purchased firearms used in crimes, were not purchased by convicts. They were more likely the heat-of-the-moment type of things by previously normal people who either snapped or were caught up in a self-defense situation that turned out the wrong way in court.... at a guess.

18. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Yeah but if anyone is running around with a gun pointing it at people and killing next time something like this happens, with this law, the others will still have their guns now and can shoot them in self defense. With an armed public they wont try as much shit next time.

IE 14 yo white girls wont get gang-raped to death if their fathers have shotguns

19. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Your assuming the police/military never break the law and won't still take your gun. All I'm saying is that the police are corrupt in most larger city's and would have no problem breaking this law...making it useless (see my first post) There for I think the only way to make this law not worthless is if it had some sort of clause making "defending your right to bear arms" justifable homocide

20. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I think youre right, the law needs some teeth. I can see police or national guard just ignoring this just like they ignored the second amendment in a situation like Katrina.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006