Finally signed up for the gym

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hurleyint1386, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I've got a few friends from work that convinced me to get a gym membership at Ballys, and so far it's been cool. I go to work out with them and it's a lot easier because I've got other people going with me, so if I ever feel discouraged, they convince me to go. Looking to lose weight and start building. Some time soon I'll do a current picture, then do some updated pictures down the line. Looking forward to reading a bunch in this forum.

2. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

welcome and good luck. take some pics asap. you will learn everything you need to know for now from the stickies.

3. hurleyint1386

Thanks. I hate taking pictures of myself because since high school, I've gained a lot of weight. I'm about 230 lbs and eat very poorly. The first thing I've stopped is drinking any kind of soda. I started the first of the year, so I've gone about 3 weeks so far. I've got to cut other things out, too. Taking things one step at a time. I can't wait for the snow to go away so I can go biking.

4. hurleyint1386

I did have a question for those that work out often and get sore afterwards. I worked out on Thursday, and I'm still feeling it. I've been trying to eat things with protein in it and drink protein drinks. Is there anything else that helps for it? I don't want this to last so long that I don't work out for weeks at a time or something. Thanks

5. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

When you first start out it's waaaay worse than when you are used to it. Read the nutrition sticky and understand it or eat the diet in "wanna be a body-builder" sticky and that should help you recover. Get enough sleep.

Did I mention read the stickies and the archives?

6. hurleyint1386

I'm 5'10" and I got $29.99 a month for the first 24 months, and then a third year for free. After that, it's $14.99 a month. Not a bad deal considering my friend just signed up and is paying $34.99 a month with a 3 year contract. His might not be nation wide, too.

I'll certainly read the stickies. I'll start right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.