GUN Finally shot my Glock 26 (and a friend's 30)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Finally got a chance to shoot my 26 today. It's got a sharp kick to it over my 915. I really like it though. Also not use to that little handle. I was squeezing the crap out of it because it felt like it was going to slip out of my hand. I had the texture of the grip marked in my hand for awhile after shooting. :o

After about 150 rounds through it I pulled out the 915 to see how it compared... yeah, going back to that handgun was a big change. The sights sit up so high over your hand compared to the glock. Like pulling out some old antique firearm

I think I'm hooked :noes:

Friend just bought his Glock 30, which is a compact .45 for the haters. It's got some nice kick to it and this is only his second time shooting. Probably a bit too much recoil for him counting the 1st 10 rounds he put 1 on the paper :mamoru: I put 10 rounds through the thing and you can definately feel the recoil in that gun. When we left he said his hand hurt from the recoil. :hsd:

2. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

:mamoru: @ 1/10 on paper.
    my g19 9mm is pretty damn snappy too. i felt more recoil in my g19 than a kimber 45.

3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

If you guys think any of those glocks are snappy or have much recoil, you must not know how to hold the gun right. Especially with the Glock 30, it barely has any recoil for a .45.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

:ugh:

I've shot a full-size .45 and it felt like my 915. Got a little kick when he put +p+ in there... but, a .45 compact everyone I have talked to said it had a snappy recoil. I don't know what you define as a 'snappy recoil' though... I'm saying it's got a short quick recoil... not that it knocks me back a step or is a weak little pop like my 22/45

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i've heard that the recoil is more pushy than snappy, say compared to the .40

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I haven't shot a .40 yet. Only person I know with one is a cop.

It felt like the recoil in the 26 but a little bit harder.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

:werd: The Glock 30 is a pussycat.

8. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

If you have Glock compatible hands, they are great. Nice low bore axis.

If you have incompatible hands, you are in for a bit pain.
    First time I ever fired a buddies Glock 22, it stung my hand like a mofo. I had to get a fucking death grip on it to keep it from fuxoring my hand up.

No Glocks for me till Gaston redesigns the grip.

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Have you shot one with a hogue handall grip?

10. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Your description of the Glock 30's recoil is accurate, I have a Glock 30 as well as my 26 and 19, and I used to own a glock 22 and a glock 27, and I've shot several other glock models as well. Yeah, the glock 26 with some premium defense rounds is quite snappy, which is why I wouldn't shoot a glock 27, because when shooting target rounds, it has as much recoil as the 9mm does with defense loads, so a 27 with defense loads is too much for fast follow up shots, and it costs so much more to shoot.

11. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Yes, better, but still doesn't work.

Its the hump at the base of the grip that throws me off. Actually, a Robar grip reduction would probably make it ideal, but I don't want to spend the money on a gun and then more on modifications just to discover that it still doesn't fit.

If I could find someone with said reduction done that would let me shoot, it would really help, but as of yet, I haven't found anyone. :hsd:

12. speedricer

speedricer Go SpeedRicer Gooooo

I love my glock 27 :love:

13. speedricer

speedricer Go SpeedRicer Gooooo

:ugh: i've shot about 4000 rounds through it. Not one single problem

Actually one time it jammed. The mag. had somehow slid down a little bit, i hit the mag and the slide went forward kept on shooting. Never another problem.