Finally saw serenity...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by joy division, Oct 22, 2005.

1. joy division

joy division New Member

Well from the previews I thought it was going to be a cheezy sci fi movie...however everyone here was absolutely raving about it, so I figured I had to go see it.

:ugh: It was a cheezy sci fi movie. As a sci fi movie i'd give it 7 out of 10, as a regular movie I'd give it a 4 out of ten. I just can't see how a normal person who doesn't like star wars/trek/whatever can be entertained by this movie. The only good part was in the beginning when that kid said the reavers (wtfspelling) would rape people for hours, that was hilarious. I felt like I was watching an original episode of star trek, and I'm pretty sure I was the only non virgin in the crowd. I was waiting for them to stop shooting and say "mmmmmmmglAYYYYYYYVIN let settle this with... D & D". Nothing special going on with the plot, just easy predictable make the audience happy & lead them on so they might figure stuff out early then feel smart. Acting taylored to 12-18 year olds or old comicon attendees who live with their parents. Anyways I'm probably going to get flamed on this site but that movie was IMO horrible :wavey:

2. joy division

joy division New Member

where are all the sackriders on here who saw this like 8 times in that other thread :rofl:

3. Anaconda

Anaconda I trust only one.

It's a fan movie. you either appreciate it or you don't. No need to get flames for lack of a positive opinion.

4. joy division

joy division New Member

:dunno: the only reason I saw it was because people said it was a great movie in the other thread.

5. RLiu818

RLiu818 Active Member

word.

so many threads on OT about how good the movie was.

i went to see it today and i was disappointed.

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I loved it, but then I love everything Joss does. I've never watch Star Trek though and don't really like Star Wars so no idea what genre that puts me in :)

7. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

:)

8. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

if you only went and saw the movie because people on here said it was good. then obviously you werent a big firefly fan and no wonder you dont understand the movie. Imagine that though, a sci fi t.v. series adapted into a movie feels a little like star trek....hmm, i wonder why.

9. joy division

joy division New Member

:ugh: maybe you should read the other thread..a few posts from the other thread about the movie:

yeah so... :ugh: what were you saying? Then I ask this:

and I get these responses:

more

Well I never watched firefly, I like sci fi movies that aren't star trek and this movie sucked a fat dick.

10. HoodRich

At least you gave it a chance. I'm sorry you didnt enjoy it. I myself did. I myself hate sci fi but was a big buffy the vampire slayer fan and that of course got me hooked on firefly.

11. joy division

joy division New Member

I like buffy for the tittays.. In fact I love buffy, I didn't even know that and firefly were related.

12. HoodRich

joss whedon wrote both series. Alot of the same style came across in the firefly series and you can pick up on that in the movie as well. near impossible to put 2 and 2 together without knowing though.