SRS Finally pretty much over the break-up with my g/f of 2.5 years

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yardiewrx, Jun 18, 2006.

1. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

It feels so good to be rid of the anxiety and insomnia I was suffering from right after the breakup. I've accepted that we will probably never get back together and thats fine, but the only thing that really still bugs me is that I lost a best friend. I have lots of great friends and they are there for me( I can't say enough great things about them), but we were REALLY close and so abruptly I have lost one of my "best friends". All in all I am doing great and over this bullshit, but at times I regret losing a cool chick that at one point in time was a best friend. And the funny thing is after all this drama I should not want to talk to her anymore, but truthfully I still in the back of my mind hope that we can be friends again one day. :hs: :hs: :hs: :hs:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  2. Vheissus310

Vheissus310 New Member

yep it happens... Lol dont do what I did and get back with her 3 months later... I just broke it off again last night... FOR GOOD!!! :) stay away man.. Im going through minor withdraws...

3. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

I hear ya man.

4. Q-Ball

Q-Ball Insert Creative Text Here

i just went through the same thing...we broke up two weeks ago and I've actually been doing pretty good, only had about 5 days where i couldnt sleep or eat very much. only thing im worried about now is i have to see her in a couple weeks for a mutual friend's birthday. if it wasn't one of my really good friend's gf's bday id just skip it

5. HailStorm

HailStorm OT Supporter

Been there. It's been....crap, almost two and a half months now?
    I also lost my best friend in the process--it sucked. It's hard because everyone says you should be good friends with your significant other, but then when it ends, you lose that person as a friend for awhile.
    You may be able to be friends again, but do not rush it. Look out for yourself, because nobody else will. Talk to her again when you feel as though you can. Even after 'all' this time, I still can't talk about her with friends, I start to lose it. Take your time, things do get better.

6. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

thanks for the advice.